Water Pump Leak on WR 426

2 replies to this topic
  • hoellc

Posted March 05, 2007 - 07:40 PM

As a brand new owner of an 02 wr 426 I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I have noticed that when I start my bike there is a very slight coolant leak coming from the water pump cover. It's just a drop or two and actually seems to go away when the bike heats up and everything expands. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what's the fix? I figure just a gasket or O-ring or whatever seal it uses. Any advice would be appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • clark4131

Posted March 06, 2007 - 06:14 AM

You need to change out the water pump shaft and seals. The part numbers for the 450 are in the FAQ. Cross reference them to see if they match...SC

• hoellc

Posted March 06, 2007 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.