Baja Thumpertalk Gathering

11 replies to this topic
  • UtahMotorcycleAdventures

Posted January 21, 2002 - 06:53 PM

We've all talked about a combined ThumperTalk ride somewhere in the West, the East or halfway in between. Anybody up for a week in Baja? I'm sure there are plenty of CA rider's that could show us the way. What a trip! Vamanos hijitos de la maquina celeste! :)

• SoCalWR426

Posted January 21, 2002 - 07:37 PM

Or maybe you take some of us, and we take some of you! Kinda exchange rider's...Just a thought...

Posted January 21, 2002 - 07:45 PM

There are some guys on the DR side who ride there a lot also. I would love to go down there for a ride. I'll bet between the Yamaha side and the DR side we could have a pretty good ThumperTalk turn out! :)

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 21, 2002 - 09:53 PM

Chris, when would you be interested in doing the Baja mission? I have some friends that are very familiar with Baja riding and would probably be up for a trip, but unfortunately they wouldn't want a huge group because they freak out about rider ability and bike maintenence(or lack thereof). Let me know, Eric

• UtahMotorcycleAdventures

Posted January 22, 2002 - 04:52 AM

SoCalWR426, when you say "we", do you have a business or just a group of regulars that does Baja often? I would love to exchange 3 days guided riding down there for the same in Southern Utah. That would be a sweet deal.

Eric, what time of year is best for going down? If we come, it will be maybe 3 of us with new machines and advanced riding skills. I'll talk with my brother about it. Thanks, Chris

• Howard_Huge

Posted January 22, 2002 - 02:06 PM

How about Easter week? I have relatives that spend about six months 10 miles North of San Felipe. Right on the beach with trails leading everywhere. If this works let me know. I will be down there either way it sure would be nice to have someone to explore with who knows there way around.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SoCalWR426

Posted January 22, 2002 - 08:32 PM

Sorry for the misconception. I'm just a dude that know's other dude's who can help pull this off for us all. For myself, I think we should make Howard Huge and Blue Boner our new best buddy's. I heard that Howard almost has that closet problem kicked..Just a rumor from the site..(Just Kidding Howard :D ) Well now I really don't know about this site, we're trying to get together with...Howard Huge & Blue Boner?..It just don't sound right! Next Yamakaze will be here wanting a spanking :) claiming it's his monkey butt remedy!!

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 23, 2002 - 02:40 AM

Chris, within the next few days I will chat with my proper group of baja buddies and try to work something out. I gathered from your TT handle that you know a thing or two about riding and bike maintence so I hope you didn't take offense to my previous post about that. I have done one ride with a group of TTer's in the past where riding ability was great for most, but beginner or whimpy for a good portion of the group and that would not hold up in baja. I'll be in touch, Eric.

• Howard_Huge

Posted January 23, 2002 - 01:27 PM

SoCal, I turned the closet into a garage and the doctor says i am cured :) Riding ability speaking for myself now isn't going to be a problem (i can crash with the best of them :D ) oops i meant haul a$$. Seriously if there is such a thing Easter week @ San Felipe would be off the hook. Ride up to Mikes Sky Ranch one day. Ride some of the Baja 250 course the next. And play around in the arroyos by my relatives house for those who get bored. Not to mention ripping up and down the beaches.

Come on April, Huge

• Blue_Boner

Posted January 23, 2002 - 02:04 PM

Huge, Easter week would be off the hook in San Felipe. Como se dice, Spring Break and the Rockadile!! Killer weather, bikes and babes what more could you ask for? I will definately keep that in mind. As far as riding with you, you might have to quite that bike down. Just kidding, I think I run the same pipe as you but got a good laugh out of your comments on a thread in the KTM forum a while back regarding noise. Eric

• Howard_Huge

Posted January 23, 2002 - 07:05 PM

Eric right on hopefully it works out. Nice thing about Mexico they could care less how loud your bike is as long as you can ride the rear wheel.

• bonez34

Posted January 25, 2002 - 02:24 PM

do you think you could pick a ride a little further west, like hawaii? just e-mail us easteners when it's our turn. just bring your 13/55 gearing and some barkbusters, you'll be o.k.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.