Hot cams question..

Buddy of mine (2003 Yz450f), just installed a fresh new set of rings, and new Piston, along with Hotcams (intake and exhaust). He told me he briefly rode the bike, and it seems like at higher RPM, she's starving for fuel. I think he's running the standard 165 main jet, at near sea level, 35 degrees or so.

You guy's who've did the Hotcams install, did you have to go up one or two larger with the main?? I told him tomorrow I'd let him try out a 168 main jet I have lying around. Do you think this is the problem?

Also, is there a way to adjust the timing?? the manual shows how to check it, but nothing about how to advance/retard it if needed.....

thanx

Buddy of mine (2003 Yz450f), just installed a fresh new set of rings, and new Piston, along with Hotcams (intake and exhaust). He told me he briefly rode the bike, and it seems like at higher RPM, she's starving for fuel. I think he's running the standard 165 main jet, at near sea level, 35 degrees or so.
You might want to try a fatter jet just for the temperatures.
Also, is there a way to adjust the timing?? the manual shows how to check it, but nothing about how to advance/retard it if needed...

I believe they market a version on which the timing can adjusted, but otherwise, you'd have to press the sprocket off and relocate it. On the exhaust, this may involve tinkering with the decomp pin. I don't advise it.