Got My BRP

No replies to this topic
  • bigtooth

Posted March 05, 2007 - 11:04 AM

Hey guys, wanted to share the great news: Picked up a plated, 2003 650r this weekend. Like I wasn't ready for spring before now, but the snow just keeps falling.

I have a 600r so I have been around here, and know what an awsome resource tt is, and hope to have the brp ready for a great season in no time.

The bike is re-jetted, but I'm not sure whats in it yet. I was told that it has the baffle taken out of the stock exhaust and the booty between the carb and cylinder has been opend up.

For my first question, the air filter: I pulled the side cover off and noticed that the filter was pretty dirty, so I want to clean it up ASAP. I don't know if its stock or not....its green and foam...does that tell any of you anything? Also, behind the filter is what looks like a pretty thick backfire screen, should this be in there? Or is removing it part of the uncorking process.

I have read here that the UNI filters are the hands down best, so that is what I will be going with, but untill then what is the best way to clean the foam element that is in there?

I'm so excited to finally have my brp! Looking forward to getting it into the warm garage tonight to start tinkering.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.