xr 650 Seat ?

5 replies to this topic
  • Rangerfng

Posted March 05, 2007 - 04:52 AM

Hey guys.
quick question.
I know that the XRR and the XRL are drasticly different. would the R seat bolt on to the L ?
I am re vamping the L and saw a nice seat but is is off a R

• frankstr

Posted March 05, 2007 - 06:25 AM

I don't think it will, But hopefuly a "L" guy will chime in...

:applause: :lol:

Posted March 06, 2007 - 11:09 AM

Nope. I have a stock seat if ya need one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzjackson

Posted March 06, 2007 - 02:53 PM

What is the best way to change or replace or repair the hard seat on the XR650r? Does Baja Design Tall/Soft replacement foam work? Is there a gel option available?

I ride 200 - 300 miles on dirt back roads and can't walk after because the damn BRP seat is rock hard.

I'm sure this topic has been discused before but I couldnt find it in any threads.

Any ideals.

Dan From Michigan.

Posted March 06, 2007 - 03:34 PM

There is a tall seat avalable that has alot of extra foam, the only down side is that you might be tip toeing

• hypersthenos

Posted March 06, 2007 - 08:45 PM

Funny you should ask. Just did my first 20 mile ride after installing a GUTS soft/standard height foam & cover. Much better than the stocker. The shape is pretty much identical to the stock setup but the firm edges are no longer notable while riding. I realize this was a short ride but the umcomortableness of the stock seat was always on my mind with the stocker, now I don't even notice. I would've gone with the tall/soft foam but I'm only 5'9" & I found the stock height to be ideal. If you're near 6' I'd imagine the tall setup would be that much more comfortable. Cost $120 but you could re-use the stock cover & save $60. On a side note, don't even try installing the new foam without spray adhesive to mount it to the seat pan first! Kinda like trying to upholster a live snake otherwise.

Related Content

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.