post break-in maintenence

2 replies to this topic
  • pigpen966

Posted March 05, 2007 - 01:26 AM

Morning All, took the new 04 for it's first ride this Saturday!!! Did the break-in procedures on the gravel roads around the track, then took her out for a few 3 lap sets on the track. It was pretty muddy(go figure) amd REAL slick. I hit 3rd once. The maintenence schedule says to change the fork oil after break-in. I looked all through the manual and the only place it shows adding fork oil is after complete disassembly. Any suggestions?.......thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 05, 2007 - 08:21 AM

The only way to change the inner chamber oil is to remove the damper cartridge and open it up. You could do this with the fork on the bike, but I'm not sure that it would really be any easier that way. I ran the factory oil in the fork for about 6 months before changing it.

• pigpen966

Posted March 05, 2007 - 01:21 PM

Thanks Grayracer, I can see changing the motor oil after the first ride due to metal parts wearing in, but fork oil is just used for dampening. I will probably have my suspension done at the end of this season.........thanks again

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.