07 yz450 to short

8 replies to this topic
  • otmx4505

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:45 PM

I have a new 07 yz450, and the distance between the pegs and bars is to close, i ride all hunched over. i am not all that tall at 5'8" but it is just to cramped to be comfortable to ride. does anyone know of lowered peg mounts? or bar risers to replace the stock yamaha mounts?

• Slinkyman16

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:56 PM

try moving your bars foward first to see if that helps..

• Baron Von Beard

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:10 PM

Lower the stock pegs and maybe try a tall seat if that's not enough.

• klb130

Posted March 04, 2007 - 10:01 PM

You must have a 6 inch torso and 5' 2" of legs!! How can you be cramped on this bike at that height? I think you've been reading too many shootouts!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • swatcie

Posted March 04, 2007 - 10:05 PM

yea i know, I have an 06 and I am 6' 2" and I don't feel cramped at all, although I do have Windham bend protapers. I love the way the bike feels. Maybe you just need to ride it a little more to get used to the feel of the bike:excuseme:

• grayracer513

Posted March 04, 2007 - 10:13 PM

Just out of curiosity, what did you ride before?

• kyle450rider

Posted March 04, 2007 - 11:00 PM

I had some cr high bend protapers on my bike until i bent them.Now i have the stockers on there and i am not cramped at all.I would move your bars forward and if that fails mabye get a taller seat.

• Dr.Crankenstien

Posted March 05, 2007 - 06:02 AM

Cut the barrel on the pegs to move them down and back (don't forget to flip-flop the springs)Taller seat foam from CEET,and get RC high bars (they are as tall as you can go without extending cables)
I am 6'7" and this works pretty good for me:thumbsup:

• otmx4505

Posted March 06, 2007 - 07:26 PM

my last bike was a honda 450X,so it could just be a different feel. I'll move the bars forward and see how that works out. otherwise i have no complaints

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.