Rekluse Z-start auto clutch....

16 replies to this topic
  • Tough Guy

Posted March 04, 2007 - 09:35 AM

How many here have them installed on their WR? I will have mine installed in the next two weeks....I ride tight woods trails and am looking forward to no stall riding. :applause:

I will also install the perch adjuster, do you guys have any other advice or info I should know?

How do you like yours?

Chris

• Tough Guy

Posted March 04, 2007 - 12:05 PM

Follow-up question....Have any of you changed the counter sprocket? I had considered dropping a tooth when adding the auto clutch...overkill?

Chris

• gregwr450f

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:47 PM

do a search, there is 100's of threads about this subject.

• rich1167

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:11 PM

I switched to a 13 and find I can lug along alot better in 3rd gear. Where I was between 2nd and 3rd alot with the stock 14. I would like to get a Rekluse but opted for a Scotts stablizer. Mabey next year.

• ETP

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:37 PM

I've had my Rekluse auto clutch on for over a year now and am very happy with it. Engine braking down hills is different. Remembering not to rev the motor while sitting still and in gear is an issue too. I could detail more, but there are a few good long threads on the Rekluse here. Use the search engine as suggested.

• Tough Guy

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:57 PM

I already searched and read most....:applause:

The info was light...a few good posts but mostly old tiring multi-page posts about either "who would want an auto clutch" OR "I just got one and love it"

I am looking for the guys that have them and ride tight woods and how they feel about them and possibly what they would/could do differently to improve their riding experience...

A new thread will be refreshing. :lol:

Chris

• pops 56

Posted March 05, 2007 - 04:23 AM

Taken the recluse off my wr .All the riding i do is fast desert stuff. I liked it the few times i have been riding snotty single track with lots of trees,rocks hills ect but i don't see any advantage on fast open tracks .My two cents worth.

• clark4131

Posted March 05, 2007 - 05:54 AM

I ride lots of singletrack in the woods, desert scrub and technical stuff. I love my Rekluse and I've geared to 13/49. It's a perfect combo for me...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tough Guy

Posted March 05, 2007 - 08:09 AM

I ride lots of singletrack in the woods, desert scrub and technical stuff. I love my Rekluse and I've geared to 13/49. It's a perfect combo for me...SC

It may be wise to drop a tooth on the counter then....I ride mostly technical stuff (85%) but I also throw some fast crazy stuff in there too...Thanks for the feedback guys.

Any other secrets?

Chris

• Tough Guy

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:03 PM

I finally got the Rekluse installed and went for a 25 mile ride last night! The Rekluse clutch is amazing in deadfall, snow and technical hill climbs. I felt like it was cheating! I might stick with stock gearing for now, I'll know more when I can get into a few trails later this year that are very slow and technical. :applause:

Chris

• rheynard

Posted May 09, 2007 - 04:31 PM

I ride tight single track, wide open desert, and dirt roads. I love the Rekluse for all. The Tight: Allows me to pick my path instead of bouncing off rocks, trees, bushes, ruts, the guys behind me say its cheating. Wide Open: When I find myself in that "wrong gear" at the wrong time the Rekluse eats it up. Dirt Roads: perfect clutch fans at every corner, no matter what wrong gear I happened to be in. Its so predictable every time. You get used to the down hill disconnect, just keep your revs up, a minor rider adjustment. Oh one more thing, stalling on a hill gets a little shaky, but if you have the bucks put that secondary rear brake in place of your clutch. I will never ride again without a Rekluse. :applause:

• Tough Guy

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:08 PM

Big downhill runs before the Rekluse, I pulled the clutch in anyway I like to freewheel..I feel more in control.

Hill climbs and crashing on the side of a big hill are my only concerns at this point....the hand brake does sound like a good idea for certain situations...

Chris

• rheynard

Posted May 09, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Yep I rode a bike with one, it was an aux brake, the foot pedal was still there. I can see that it would take awhile to get used to though.

• byggd

Posted May 10, 2007 - 12:20 PM

In tight stuff, Rekluse with a 13/50 combo is the bomb!

• MaxPower

Posted May 10, 2007 - 08:32 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I broke both my ankles a few years ago and am just starting to ride again. I have a tough time shifting up. Im thinking about getting a Rekluse.Maybe Ill get used to shifting again since Im just getting back on a bike. Would this auto clutch be ok for dual sport use with higher speeds on the road?[/COLOR]

• gregwr450f

Posted May 11, 2007 - 01:01 AM

[COLOR="Green"]I broke both my ankles a few years ago and am just starting to ride again. I have a tough time shifting up. Im thinking about getting a Rekluse.Maybe Ill get used to shifting again since Im just getting back on a bike. Would this auto clutch be ok for dual sport use with higher speeds on the road?[/COLOR]

It will suit any bike.

You still have to change gears, just eliminates the clutch.

• Tough Guy

Posted May 11, 2007 - 08:28 PM

Ouch! Much easier to ride with the Rekluse...you will still have to shift, but less often if it matters..

Chris

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.