EBC larger rotor fit problem.

4 replies to this topic
  • Fingers

Posted March 03, 2007 - 10:10 PM

The outside edge of the rotor just barely contacts the top portion of the gold colored adapter when installed. Looks like I will have to grind about 1mm. It is the EBC 280 mm kit for XR-650R. Stock forks. Otherwise fits good. Did anyone else have this problem?

• needsprayer

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:32 AM

I had a slight rubbing problem at first when I had the bike on a stand and spun the wheel. Decided to ride it anyway. Put the bike on the ground, rolled it, hit the brake and the problem went away.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HawkGT

Posted March 04, 2007 - 05:54 PM

Mine doesn't have much in the way of clearance in that spot (2mm??) but it does clear.

• rcnutt

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:02 PM

It should self clearance fast enough..........:applause:

• Fingers

Posted March 04, 2007 - 06:34 PM

Oh it did self clear, thats how I noticed it! Problem is, it ground itself a 1 mm groove only one rotor width wide. It needs clearance (1-2mm) on either side of that so the caliper can "float". Anyway dremel took care of the prob! I just wanted to know if any else had this problem.....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.