Cheapest place to buy a new XRR or XRL?

7 replies to this topic
  • Aurora

Posted March 03, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Where is the cheapest place to buy a new XR650R or XR650L?

Thx

Aurora

• dstark

Posted March 03, 2007 - 08:00 PM

The price doesnt vary too much when its brand new. Just go with the cheapest dealer in your area.

• hawgman94

Posted March 03, 2007 - 09:11 PM

The price doesnt vary too much when its brand new. Just go with the cheapest dealer in your area.------------------This I find to be true ! I am currently price shopping for XR650L in Ohio. I Checked various dealers and were all within $500 OTD of each other ! The cheapest is $4999 +$100 doc..+tax.........but is 2hr. drive from home. Nearest dealer is $500 more but 5 miles from home !!!

• flubber

Posted March 04, 2007 - 04:15 AM

The price doesnt vary too much when its brand new. Just go with the cheapest dealer in your area.

I disagree. Go with a dealer who wont screw you when you need some warranty work done. From now on Ill drive 6 hours away to buy a bike from a dealer who actually cares about his or hers customers. Trust me on this or learn the hard way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Descalzo

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:02 AM

Where is the cheapest place to buy a new XR650R or XR650L?

Thx

Aurora

No an expert, but - http://www.southernh...esc=Motorcycles beats the pants off any other price I've run across for an R out west by just about $1K. :lol:

Down is you gotta ship it out (~$300+/-), & whatnot.

Funny how the R's sell for so much less back east. I've talked with a couple of dealers here in CA & NV about a new R - typically they claim NOBODY can sell one for $5500, and yet, there's proof that they can & do :applause:

• goblin127

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:07 AM

I just looked at a new XRL in the show room of my area dealer price was 5,850 Seems a bit steep to me. Said they will get it too.

• zx7rye

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:09 AM

No an expert, but - http://www.southernh...esc=Motorcycles beats the pants off any other price I've run across for an R out west by just about $1K. :lol:

Down is you gotta ship it out (~$300+/-), & whatnot.

Funny how the R's sell for so much less back east. I've talked with a couple of dealers here in CA & NV about a new R - typically they claim NOBODY can sell one for $5500, and yet, there's proof that they can & do :applause:

The real story behind buying bikes from the east (in particular the Northeast) is the lack of hours on the machines. They simply aren't used as much due to the short season (perceived...I actually ride year round). I remember when I moved to SD (from Boston) I was amazed at the costs of used sportbikes vs. the east coast. Obvious price impact of supply/demand. Glad I'm back... from that persepective. But I'd pay the extra $500 in a heart beat if it meant I could ride in comfy weather year round!

• Descalzo

Posted March 04, 2007 - 07:17 AM

^ Supply & demand... so very true.

What's annoying, is the dealers pay the same wholesale.
It's the "pee on my shoes & tell me it's raining" syndrome that gets me -
"nobody can sell one for that"... "are you sure?" I say. "Yes" they reply...

lol...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.