DR.D help!

5 replies to this topic
  • CaseyWR450

Posted March 03, 2007 - 04:54 PM

So It's time to repack my DR.D silencer now and can't get the screws out of it. I got one out, broke one off, and rounded one off, then quit. Any ideas on how to get the screws out. :applause: Oh and they are loctited in there.

• Toyuki

Posted March 03, 2007 - 05:09 PM

r they counter sunk (flush) or r they button head, screws? if you have a steady hand you can drill them out in the center and ez out them. other than that I would have to see them, next time give it a little tighten before you back them out, it breaks the loctite free!

• CaseyWR450

Posted March 03, 2007 - 05:23 PM

They are not counter sunk and they have allen heads on them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Tough Guy

Posted March 03, 2007 - 09:12 PM

Can you get a hold of the allen heads with vise-grips? If not you'll have to drill them out carefully...

• CJ06WR

Posted March 03, 2007 - 10:06 PM

Before you use the vise grips try and spray some WD-40 or other penetrating oil on the alleb bolts. Hopefully this will help loosen the little bastards up a bit. Then wipe the head of the allen bolt clean so you can get a good hold with the vise grips. If this doesn't work, you can either drill them out or take it to a machine shop and for a small fee they will do this for you. Good luck!

• Fullbore4

Posted March 03, 2007 - 11:42 PM

good points ......another is to lock a small vice grip on whats left and then apply heat with a butane torch to the screw while applying torque to see if it'll break free.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.