leaking gas out the bottom of carb on 04 yz450

5 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:39 PM

my 450 is leaking gas out of the bottom drain hose of the carb fuel bowl(alot) ,it is the leaking from the hose that is used to drain the float bowl ,and it pours out every time i turn on the petcock

i recently cleaned the carb ,shortened my ap diapram,and replaced my hotstart cable the bike starts on the first or second kick with the choke off and it sounds great but now the carb is pouring gas out the drain hose on the bottom of the float bowl the screw is tight but it still draining gas

i have checked the floaters to see if they are stuck and i also let the bike run for a few but still leaks what could this be any input helps

• grayracer513

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:54 PM

The float needle is either dirty, defective, or assembled wrong.

• chicoff

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:57 PM

the needle only takes a little corrosion to keep it from shutting off you could hve also bent your tab any minor movement of the tab will change the flow shut off

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dwnlowx

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:58 PM

if the float is not adjusted right would if make it pour gas out the drain hose

how do you adjust the floats ,if i dissasembled and reassembled the float with care would it go out of wack

• grayracer513

Posted March 03, 2007 - 06:59 PM

Yes. The drain hose is also the overflow.

The float setting procedure is on page 4-13 of your manual.

• dwnlowx

Posted March 03, 2007 - 09:45 PM

well i figured out how to check the float level with the carb assembled,its not hard and you do not have to spend the whole day measuring.

now my problem was that i did not fully slide the neddle clip on to the float the correct way it was a little sideways but after i fixed that it was back in place right away.

now i must say thanks because i thought i really screwed something up, but it was nothing major and now ill be out riding tomorrow and monday

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.