Smog Pump

2 replies to this topic
  • MBrider426

Posted March 03, 2007 - 01:47 PM

I have an 05 Wr450 that i am taking the smog pump off of. I have bought the TT smog removal kit and am unsure on if i need to remove all of the fittings and put the plugs directly into the engine or just remove hoses and plug the fittings the hoses attached to. If anyone has experience with this kit please help. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fullbore4

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:46 PM

Yes all the opennings are plugged. Your kit should have a means for plugging all 3 orfices. Just remove the existing smog pump hoses and put rubber caps on nipples and put the packing and cap on the exhaust port.

• kskyles

Posted March 05, 2007 - 09:43 AM

Here's a link to the AIS Removal tutorial in the performance index sticky at the top of the forum. It's even got pics. this was done on an '05. tutorial

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.