FMF Powerbomb - Stroker SX-1 Combo

3 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted January 21, 2002 - 04:43 AM

I have a FMF Powerbomb - Stroker SX-1 exhuast combo bought from Taffy. He also provided a little aluminium ring that provides the 'seal' between the two but its a good but not a perfect fit and I have a very small amount of carbon 'splatter' which has been shoved out of the tiny gaps that there are still left:
a) is this a cause for concern ?
:) If yes, how do I remedy it? Taffy mentioned some 'dog sh/t' if I remember well. Apart from processed PAL I'm not sure what that is! Anybody?
c) Aftermarket part ? Tried FMF no response, tried stroker, site is down has been for weeks. NEw site anybody?
d) Other

Also, the join tightening ring I have is too small. Can I get a larger diamter one ? From where ?

NHKevin...you have this combo right ? What did you do ?

• Guy

Posted January 21, 2002 - 06:24 AM

:) HA ha ...I suspect, and no doubt if I'm wrong He'll tell me!,that by Dog **** , our Taff means exhaust paste, the white hideous crappy substance that every Kwik Fit fitter, knows only too well!
I'd suggest this as only a last resort, it works but it aint pretty! :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gmcandcamaroz

Posted January 31, 2002 - 05:22 PM

Missile,
I just got a stroker sx1 and put it on a stock headpipe. I used two seals, one that fit the stroker, and one that fit the stock pipe. The two fit together great.

Just a thought
Dave

• Taffy

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:08 AM

what have you done to it lately missile?

Taffy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.