Decompression lever for 650 R ???

3 replies to this topic

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:54 PM

Does anyone know the part number/ model/ type decompression lever that Johnny Campbell uses on the XR 650 R. It is NOT integrated into the clutch lever, it is handle bar mounted. It could be an 600 R piece ?? I don't know (thats the problem).

Thanks for your help. Jim

• XR4DEZ

Posted March 02, 2007 - 09:48 PM

I saw their last Baja 650 bike and it had a works connection perch with the comp release lever on the perch. It was the straight pull lever not the thumb push type. I'm sure the old 600r lever would work too.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted March 03, 2007 - 10:04 AM

The compression lever on the clutch perch is in the way of a control for a computer/rally info thing I'm installing. The first couple of years that Campbell raced the 650 R he used a handle bar mounted compression lever.

But, I don't know where the part came from. It must be Honda though???

Someone help if you can.

Thanks Jim

• Jeff@TheQuadShop

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:56 PM

I have a spare XR600 decomp lever/perch if you need one of those.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.