07 WR mods quick reference list.. Confirm Im not missing anything!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • steve lemley

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:20 PM

Okay tomorrows the big day.:applause: Im going down to pick up my 07450. My past was a plated 99wr400 so there will be a slight learning curve on the mods:thinking: . Ive read all the threads and just wanted a list of free and essential paid mods for the bike. Short of the ones below can anyone recommend more:prof: . I really only want to take the bike apart once and having all the needed mods parts at once is the only way to pull this off:smirk: . Im trying to avoid ripping the thing apart just to find out I have to do it again cause I missed a mod:lame: . Thanks guys:cheers:

Anything other than these:excuseme: :

AIS removal
JD jetting kit
muffler gutting
airbox baffle
grey timing wire
fuel screw
quickshot

Did I miss anything:banghead: ???
Is it safe to say the main and pilot jets can go up one if I do these mods:confused: ?
Any info would be great.:lol:

• SXP

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:35 PM

Okay tomorrows the big day.:applause: Im going down to pick up my 07450. My past was a plated 99wr400 so there will be a slight learning curve on the mods:thinking: . Ive read all the threads and just wanted a list of free and essential paid mods for the bike. Short of the ones below can anyone recommend more:prof: . I really only want to take the bike apart once and having all the needed mods parts at once is the only way to pull this off:smirk: . Im trying to avoid ripping the thing apart just to find out I have to do it again cause I missed a mod:lame: . Thanks guys:cheers:

Anything other than these:excuseme: :

AIS removal
JD jetting kit
muffler gutting
airbox baffle
grey timing wire
fuel screw
quickshot

Did I miss anything:banghead: ???
Is it safe to say the main and pilot jets can go up one if I do these mods:confused: ?
Any info would be great.:lol:

Steve - Make absolutely sure the filter cage doesn't have the hole in it before you leave the dealer.

I don't know if the quickshot is going to do anything for you - biggest wate of $$ IMHO. The JD kit has everything you need (instructions on jet size etc)plus instructions on how to do the AP mod. With regards to the JD kit, I used Indys recommendations instead and the bike rocks!

BTW, what did you get for the '99? Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Murray Dorward

Posted March 03, 2007 - 01:32 AM

You have forget the BFG (BIG FU#%ING GRIN) that you will have on your face . Very very important !!!!

Cheers

Muz
:applause: :lol: :lol:

• steve lemley

Posted March 03, 2007 - 06:43 AM

:applause: thanks guys, havent sold the plated 99 yet. No one wants to pay for a bike with this many mods???

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.