Quad Clutch

1 reply to this topic
  • MaxPower

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:12 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I searched and only know of one member that has done this and I think its a great idea. Instead of using a cush hub on the rear to be nice to the gears when you are abusing your WR on the road and he used a clutch basket from a YFZ450 that has cusion springs in in the primary gear like this [/COLOR]
Posted Image

[COLOR="Green"]I have PMed him but he hasnt gotten back to me. Has anyone else done this? Is it a direct replacement with the stocker? I would think the entire unit must be wider, but what do I know?.[/COLOR]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SXP

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:25 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I searched and only know of one member that has done this and I think its a great idea. Instead of using a cush hub on the rear to be nice to the gears when you are abusing your WR on the road and he used a clutch basket from a YFZ450 that has cusion springs in in the primary gear like this [/COLOR]
Posted Image

[COLOR="Green"]I have PMed him but he hasnt gotten back to me. Has anyone else done this? Is it a direct replacement with the stocker? I would think the entire unit must be wider, but what do I know?.[/COLOR]

Interesting. The 98-02 WR/YZs had these springs on the back of the clutch basket. The design changed with the 03 and on 450's. I wonder why?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.