Exhaust questions??

1 reply to this topic
  • toofast2

Posted March 02, 2007 - 06:07 AM

Hello again,I'm working on a '06 yzf 450',I'm curious,what is the best slip on
exhaust for this bike,I noticed that stock slip on is straight through approx.
1 3/4",I can't see an aftermarket adding any more horse power,but only
depleting my wallet!?..I had an '04 yfz 450' and used the GYTR slip on
from yamaha,and there was a noticable improvement,but only because the
stock slip on muffler had a spark arrestor/noise restrictor on the end of it.
The stock slip on muffler on the YZF 450 has no restrictions at all!..and I
can't see how an aftermarket slip on would make a difference:crazy: are
there any guys out there that did dyno run's for actual number's for different
exhaust system?..or is it all "Seat of the Pants"? THX ED:ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger18

Posted March 02, 2007 - 07:36 AM

If you run a search, you'll see that this subject has been beat to death with a broom stick. :applause: For the newer bikes, just adding a slip on is really only going to hurt your wallet, although you might notice slight gains in power with a select few. If you want to wake a sleeping dragon then you need a full system. I'm going to plug MRD right here, although there are many systems to choose from. Baron Von Beard uses his slip on only, For my self, I chose to get the lo/mid system. Then you get a real kick in the pants, and it's not your wallet hurting. For the price (under 400) you can get a full system shipped, then take the extra money you saved and send your carb over to ZIPTY racing for their mod ($100) Then you would have a real fast scoot on your hands.:applause:

www.mrd-racing.com

http://www.ziptyraci...spx?id=MTUxOQ==
or www.ziptyracing.com

or do a search of the AP MOD if you don't want to spend the $100

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.