sprocket lock washers

5 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted March 01, 2007 - 10:56 PM

i have seen a few different things on this im just wondering if you can re-use the lock washers if they dont get to messed up on removal , i have been changing sprockets alot and i am wondering if its nedded or not
thanks

• tammie

Posted March 02, 2007 - 06:16 AM

i was wondering that to, ive had my 99 and changed the front sprocket about 3 times and havn't replaced it....i think i will replace it after this next front sprocket change. I think I read that it should be replaced every time u remove it like you would a cotter pin?

• 642MX

Posted March 02, 2007 - 06:46 AM

I reuse mine. As long as it doesn't look bad, I'd say your okay reusing it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dolce_Grappa

Posted March 02, 2007 - 07:18 AM

You can get a few uses out of them, but once they're semi-flat throw them away and by some Nyloc Nuts. While you're buying the nuts buy a few spare for later of course.

• dwnlowx

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Cool So Im Safe, I Think I Will Use The Same Washer Every 3 Sprocket Changes Then Replace Em

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2007 - 10:25 AM

You can get a few uses out of them, but once they're semi-flat throw them away and by some Nyloc Nuts. While you're buying the nuts buy a few spare for later of course.

There are no lock washers at the rear sprocket, so I'll assume you meant the front.

That washer is a bend-to-lock type, and as such, it has some pretty obvious limits. Each time it is bent in the same place, it gets that much weaker. If you want to reuse it, and you can, try to bend it along a different line each time as much as you can, and get a new one every so often.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.