Posted Image
Posted Image

Bout time!:applause:

• ____Kurt____

Posted March 01, 2007 - 05:39 PM

sweet :applause: i hope it works as good as an air powered impact gun

• 02YZ426

Posted March 01, 2007 - 07:38 PM

Is that the 3/8 kit? Looks good. Let us know how you like it.

• kyle450rider

Posted March 01, 2007 - 09:54 PM

ya its the 3/8 drive.Hopefully i'll get to use it soon:)

• kylwk1500

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:13 PM

ur gonna love that thing. u will never want to go back to air unless for abig job. very handy

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:48 PM

As a professional mechanic for over 35 years, I have no use for an electric impact whatsoever. Air tools pack 3 times the power in less than half the space, and at a third of the weight, which makes them much more versatile. I would have gone for the torque wrench, but that's just me.

• fiddyguru

Posted March 02, 2007 - 02:57 PM

I love mine.Its great in a little shop were you don't have to here the compressor running all the time.Or if you take it to the track etc.
I have the 9.6v and the 12v. Very reliable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted March 02, 2007 - 04:55 PM

As a professional mechanic for over 35 years, I have no use for an electric impact whatsoever. Air tools pack 3 times the power in less than half the space, and at a third of the weight, which makes them much more versatile. I would have gone for the torque wrench, but that's just me.

C'Mon Grayracer you mean to tell me you would kick that battery impact out of the garage? I am sure that for Moto Maintance the torque wrench is more important but from one tool junkie to another. Wouldn't you like to have the option of grabbing that impact and a socket for a quick job in the yard like changing a trailer tire or tighten the bolts in the gate without draging the air hose out of the garage. besides I bet you already have at least one small torque wrench. I am sure a shiny new torque wrench that makes noise would be nice too.

Can you have too many tools?:applause: :lol: :lol:

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2007 - 05:08 PM

Fortunately, I have compressors and plumbing in strategic locations for just such an emergency. Dragging a hose out of the garage is much less painful than dragging money out of my wallet to pay for something I would probably use less than twice a year.

I haven't used an electric impact in several years, so they may well have improved a great deal, but last I looked, they were big, heavy, and weak, and I have no use for them. :applause:

• berudd

Posted March 02, 2007 - 05:24 PM

Fortunately, I have compressors and plumbing in strategic locations for just such an emergency. Dragging a hose out of the garage is much less painful than dragging money out of my wallet to pay for something I would probably use less than twice a year.

I haven't used an electric impact in several years, so they may well have improved a great deal, but last I looked, they were big, heavy, and weak, and I have no use for them. :applause:

But someone that does not have all the neccessary support equipment for air tools might find it very useful.

• kyle450rider

Posted March 02, 2007 - 09:28 PM

I thought that this one would be heavy too.Its actually very light.Now i wouldnt use it for working on a car or truck but for light jobs like the mower or motorcycle i think it will work great.Besides it was free!Wanna hear something funny?The only thing i got when i bought my honda was the owners manuel.Not even some oil or different jets,nothing nada!

• klb130

Posted March 04, 2007 - 09:51 PM

Is that a 12v or 18v or??? This will work great on the scissor jacks on the toy hauler. I've been waiting for mine for 2 months!

• kyle450rider

Posted March 04, 2007 - 11:02 PM

Is that a 12v or 18v or??? This will work great on the scissor jacks on the toy hauler. I've been waiting for mine for 2 months!

I purchased my bike in OCT.and i just got mine in the mail last week.I think it's a 12 v,not sure about that.

• klb130

Posted March 05, 2007 - 06:26 PM

Got it today!! 12v....I'll put it to good use!

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.