Anybody try a thunderalley exhaust on there 06 or07?

11 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted February 28, 2007 - 06:55 PM

I'm finally ready to order my new exhaust.I was really set on a MRD system hearing so many positve things about them on this forum.Thunderalley gets tossed around a lot on the honda forum with great results and i was wondering if anyone with a yamaha has used it.Cost really isnt an issue,there almost the same price.I will say that from a fit and finish perspective the MRD takes it by a mile but its not about looks right.I know i'm purchasing one of these brands but having a hard time making up my mind.

Here is a link to thunderalley.http://www.thunder-alley.net/

• Wyatt

Posted February 28, 2007 - 07:04 PM

I have been using one on my '06 since nearly day one. This is a great pipe. I ride my brother's '06 with stock pipe and a friend's '06 with stock pipe with cut down silencer. We all agree that my bike pulls harder much quicker than the others. Low end is huge.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 28, 2007 - 07:12 PM

Thunder Alley!? Yuck! :applause:

• kyle450rider

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:54 PM

I have been using one on my '06 since nearly day one. This is a great pipe. I ride my brother's '06 with stock pipe and a friend's '06 with stock pipe with cut down silencer. We all agree that my bike pulls harder much quicker than the others. Low end is huge.

Thanks for the reply Wyatt.Low end is what i'm looking for but i dont want to give anything away on top.I guess i'll just flip a coin.I'm sure there both impressive.If you have time...think you could post a pic of it on your scoot?

• kyle450rider

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:55 PM

Thunder Alley!? Yuck! :applause:

Could you give an example why the YUCK?

• Wyatt

Posted February 28, 2007 - 09:29 PM

I did not lose hardly anything if anything at all on top. This is compared with back to back rides with a stock bike. I can pull 3rd gear starts much easier on my bike than with the stock one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wyatt

Posted February 28, 2007 - 09:31 PM

Posted Image

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:10 PM

I like the white with the Hurricane graphics. Are those stock yamaha shroud graphics? if so, did you cut the yellow out or what?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:11 PM

Could you give an example why the YUCK?

Just my opinion. I won't elaborate because some peopl might get ticked off.

Dave at MRD with make you an exhaust that suits your riding and what you are looking for. His stuff is higher quality than the other brand IMHO and he offers an unbelievable warranty.

• Wyatt

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, those are stock graphics with the yellow cut out.

You won't piss me off. my skin is thick and I am happy with my set up. I am sure that other pipes work well too. This one works well for me.

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, those are stock graphics with the yellow cut out.

You won't piss me off. my skin is thick and I am happy with my set up. I am sure that other pipes work well too. This one works well for me.

:applause:

• kyle450rider

Posted March 01, 2007 - 07:49 AM

Looks good wyatt.By the way thats a nice scoot!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.