gas tank options for wr

8 replies to this topic
  • vancecantdance

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:31 PM

I Cant Seem To Find The Right Information On A Aftermarket Gas Tank For My 06 Wr450 I Clicked On Clark & Acerbis & Ims But Cant Bring Up Any Pics Or Prices I Am Kind Of Looking For A Canadian Distributer Because It Cost So Much To Get It Across The Border Any Help Would Be Apprecated Tanks Guys

• SID013

Posted February 28, 2007 - 06:11 PM

I Cant Seem To Find The Right Information On A Aftermarket Gas Tank For My 06 Wr450 I Clicked On Clark & Acerbis & Ims But Cant Bring Up Any Pics Or Prices I Am Kind Of Looking For A Canadian Distributer Because It Cost So Much To Get It Across The Border Any Help Would Be Apprecated Tanks Guys

I purchased a Clarke 2.8 code 1442 (link below) direct from Clarke & they sent it no problems to Australia. Fit was good & gave me another 2 litre over standard. Standard 2006 radiator shrouds & seat fit this tank but they told me otherwise. Don't waste money on seat or shrouds unless you are changing colour as was the case with me.

http://www.clarkemfg...ode=Yamaha YZ-F

Hope this helps & cheers from Oz. :applause:

• MountainMax

Posted March 01, 2007 - 05:20 AM

IM using Acerbis 3.3 gallon one on my 2006 WR, it' was made for it and fits awesome, and over a gallon more gas goes a long way.........

Posted Image

Posted Image

• vancecantdance

Posted March 01, 2007 - 02:42 PM

thanks alot boys that was a great help this web site is awesome

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TheCure

Posted March 01, 2007 - 02:48 PM

To round out the triumvirate, I'm using an IMS 3.5 gallon tank. Fit was perfect.

Posted Image

and the other side.

http://img.photobuck...cs/IMG_2356.jpg

maybe XGX graphics can make you a cool Maple Leaf kit for your shrouds:ride:

• SID013

Posted March 01, 2007 - 05:26 PM

Seeing as everyone's showing off their tanks. This ones a bit dark against the stark white of the dunes but you get the drift. :applause:

Posted Image

• Srbutler450f

Posted March 01, 2007 - 10:58 PM

I just purchased an IMS 3.4g for my 05 Wr450 fit was great and I got it for $199 with free shipping from Rocky mountain ATV.

• Fullbore4

Posted March 01, 2007 - 11:44 PM

I just purchased an IMS 3.4g for my 05 Wr450 fit was great and I got it for $199 with free shipping from Rocky mountain ATV.

I got the IMS tank also but whereas it says 3.4 gal on the enclosed instruction sheet, mine only holds 3.1.....I don't know where they get 3.4.

• Srbutler450f

Posted March 03, 2007 - 03:16 AM

I got the IMS tank also but whereas it says 3.4 gal on the enclosed instruction sheet, mine only holds 3.1.....I don't know where they get 3.4.

I havent done any desert stuff yet so I havent needed to top it off, but I have read the same thing on other posts.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.