im ordering ASV's and i have a question....

30 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted April 29, 2007 - 08:55 AM

This Is A C5 Lever And They Are Crap Ive Bent The Hell Out Off 2 Off Them Now On My First Falls

THEY LOOK GREAT BUT ARE VERY SPENDY IF THEY ALL WAYS MESS UP

• KJ790

Posted April 29, 2007 - 09:32 AM

Doesn't ASV have a waranty? Send it back and get a new one.

• CaptainKnobby

Posted April 29, 2007 - 03:45 PM

Doesn't ASV have a waranty? Send it back and get a new one.

Yes they do!.... If I recall its a 1 or 2 year waranty....I cant remeber since I have had the F3's on mine for two years now and have had no problems with them.:excuseme: I was allways breaking clutch levers broke about 5 in one year:cry: but since I bought the asv's they are still like new. I also got the hot start lever from them and mounted it next to the throttle tube because I bought the clamp from them to fit with the front brake and no matter how tight you tighten it if you fall and your front brake hits the ground the clamp has an intergrated piece in it that causes the front brake mount to slip and not brake your front brake mount or lever.:applause:

• dwnlowx

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:38 PM

there warranty only covers the levers if broken or snapped not bent or warped :applause:

• KJ790

Posted April 29, 2007 - 05:59 PM

Then bend it back and if it breaks send it back, if it doesn't then you have a straight lever. I don't see the problem here. They offer to replace a broken lever no questions asked, so why would you complain. Any metal will bend in an impact.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2007 - 08:02 PM

Yes they do!.... If I recall its a 1 or 2 year waranty....

The C5 has a 5 year warranty, the F3 a 3 year, and the F1 a one year warranty. This applies to the refurbished levers the same as the new ones, and depends on you to send in the registration card you got with the levers. As mentioned, it is a guarantee against breakage. ASV posts instructions on how to correctly bend them back to shape in the event that the lever or perch should bend. If the break during that procedure, they're subject to the warranty, like KJ said.

• mxgene

Posted May 02, 2007 - 11:49 AM

Just my .02¢
I have used ASv levers on my CR250, and now my YZ426.
I love them. They have saved me more times than I can count. I also like the adjustability built into them with the set screws.

• andy250

Posted May 02, 2007 - 12:36 PM

The C5 has a 5 year warranty, the F3 a 3 year, and the F1 a one year warranty. This applies to the refurbished levers the same as the new ones, and depends on you to send in the registration card you got with the levers. As mentioned, it is a guarantee against breakage. ASV posts instructions on how to correctly bend them back to shape in the event that the lever or perch should bend. If the break during that procedure, they're subject to the warranty, like KJ said.

All of ASV's refurbished ebay levers only carry a 1 year guarantee (F1, F3 and C5). Nevertheless it's still a great deal.

See the fine print here: http://cgi.ebay.com/...emZ330115191557

1-Year Guarantee (This lever originally had a 5 year guarantee when it was new

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2007 - 01:02 PM

Everything changes, don't it?

• todds924

Posted November 03, 2007 - 06:00 PM

Every year my mother gives my wife $200 to buy me a birthday present from her. This past year "she" got me some asv c-5 levers. I got to tell you I did not like them. Ended up putting my old levers back on. Spend your money on maybe a suspension service.

Suspension service or if your really set on getting levers, I highly recommend the ARC pivoting levers. They are less bulky than the asv's. I have tried both and hated the asv's but love the ARC's.

• todds924

Posted November 03, 2007 - 06:02 PM

there warranty only covers the levers if broken or snapped not bent or warped :worthy:

If its only bent, snap that sucker off and ship it!!!!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.