Looking for advice

No replies to this topic
  • fetz518

Posted February 27, 2007 - 06:42 PM

I bought a 2006 450 last July. I have probably around 10 to 15 hours on it. Things came up, and I simply couldn't make time to ride it. And I want to prepare myself for the upcoming season of what I hope will be eventful riding by equipping it with the necessary protection so it doesn't get beat up too bad. I'm very wary about this, since I didn't get most of the necessary protection I should of had on my banshee, and it's been beaten to death over the past four or five years.

I want to know what I should get, what brands you guys suggest. Also, there has to be a company that makes a better water pump guard than the one that comes with the stock bike. This thing is pretty flimsy.

Aside from bike protection, I'd like suggestions on sturdy hand guards (the kind that are reinforced with a metal strip), an air filter (brand/type), and new tires (I keep hearing the stock ones aren't that good, at least the front).

If it helps, I'll be doing offroad/trailing riding only.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.