RE: Cycra Racing Front rotor Cover on 06 WR

10 replies to this topic
  • MountainMax

Posted February 27, 2007 - 04:51 PM

I was told by Cycra Racing, and some guys here that their front brake rotor cover would fit my 2006 WR450f, HOWEVER, after paying UPS 40 bux for dam customs i find it don't fit proper, there looks like two mounting bolts on the bottom of the fork guard, the cover needs two bolts that fit flush, however one of my bolts is angled and don't line up, anyone else come across this??????

• WR_Dave

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:13 PM

My bike isn't here yet:mad: ,but I just looked at my cover and the larger hole should line up with the front axle where the larger bolt goes and the smaller hole should line up with the rear bolt on the fork guard where the provided longer small bolt goes. :applause: WR Dave.

• eissinger4

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:27 PM

All I know is, I went to three YAMY dealers to get a front cover, and they all said no-one makes one for the 06 WR450. I guess the Acerbis spider evolution doesn't even fit. If anyone makes one for the 06, let me know!!

:applause:

• jaymo

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:57 PM

All I know is, I went to three YAMY dealers to get a front cover, and they all said no-one makes one for the 06 WR450. I guess the Acerbis spider evolution doesn't even fit. If anyone makes one for the 06, let me know!!

:applause:

The Acerbis is listed as fitting 02 to 06 WR450

• tony1970

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:16 PM

I don't think they changed the '06 from the '05, and my Cycra fits great on my '05. If I remember it comes with two bolts. One to replace the fork cover 8mm, and a larger one to fit in the axle end that is threaded. PM me your email and I can send you a pic of mine close up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MountainMax

Posted February 28, 2007 - 03:24 AM

Thanks guys, after a closer look, i think it will fit, I was just so mad that i had to pay 40 bux in dam customs i didn't look close enough.........

• WR_Dave

Posted February 28, 2007 - 05:05 AM

The customs charge isn't really Cycra's fault although they did tell me they would ship mine U.S. postal service ground. Then it showed up by UPS which basically doubles the price of everything with their bogus charges. UPS must stand for "ups" the price!!!!!!!:applause: Hopefully it will fit for you---WR Dave

• MountainMax

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, i hate UPS over the border, that's why they said they would ship usps, but they never, im on hold with them now, and not happy..........

• MountainMax

Posted March 01, 2007 - 05:02 AM

Hey guys, Was talking to Cycra Racing, they apalogized for the mixup, and i told them i wasn't the only order they screwed up that way so they need to get their shit together, I also told them their phone number listed on their website under contact info does not work, neither does their fax numer, even their number listed at Switchboard.com is incorrect, I told them they are going to have to do better then that to keep business. They offered me a full refund on my disc cover :applause: You never know untill you ask........

• WR_Dave

Posted March 01, 2007 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the tip Max, I also am receiving some help from Cycra. Anyway I picked up my bike yesterday and the disc cover fit perfectly. Posted Image WR Dave.

• MountainMax

Posted May 05, 2007 - 08:22 AM

Thanks guys, I got mine to fit also and had to cut my sticker from decal works to put part of it on the cover, and i removed and moved down the cycra sticker, take a look...........

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.