Plastics for 96 xr 650L Help Please!!

28 replies to this topic
  • lhark

Posted March 04, 2007 - 02:58 PM

The Acerbis DOT type taillight does not hold up well with the vibration present at the back fender....I DO like their motard front fender. I have two of them, one on a 650L (black) and 600R (white).

• Rangerfng

Posted March 05, 2007 - 04:48 AM

thanks. I did decide on going with the led Baja tail light. I looks like it is constructed much better. and found some positive feed back on it.

• Rangerfng

Posted March 19, 2007 - 08:44 AM

Ok guys . just a quick up date. i am in the process of tearing the 1996 pig apart. I found a lot of surface rust under all that plastic, but it was nothing the dremil tool could not handle. i bought some goodies as well and after i am done priming and painting the frame i will start to install. there are some parts that need some modifying. so as i got a red stock gas tang off e-bay, new front pegs. CRF 400 front fender in CR red, CRF 450 Rear Fender CR red, Acebis CR red wrap around hand guards 14/ 48 renthal sprocket. went down 1 in the front and up 3 in the dear. black shock covers, Utah sport skid plate. Very nice and good coverage by the way. Baja design led tail light and that's it for now. the pig is just a jig saw puzzle in the garage right now and is coming along.

• dukeryder

Posted March 22, 2007 - 05:52 PM

So anyone found a supplier for L side panels????

I wanna replace mine and haven't had much luck with the eBay searches lately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rangerfng

Posted March 23, 2007 - 06:02 PM

I have seen two sets of side pannels on e-bay just yesterday.

• scotttco62

Posted July 09, 2007 - 10:04 AM

My front, rear, and side panels are UFO. The rear I have is also listed for the 650L. The front you have to drill the mounting holes yourself. Not sure about Acerbis, I hear they are a thicker better grade plastic than UFO. So far I am happy with UFO plastic parts on my bike.

are you saying that UFO has side panels for the 650 L? Let me(us) Know.....thanks

• TerraXpeditions

Posted February 13, 2008 - 04:58 PM

• martinfan30

Posted February 14, 2008 - 12:58 PM

Wow, where have you been? Lost in the forrest!LOL

• TerraXpeditions

Posted February 15, 2008 - 08:30 AM

Hah, did a search trying to figure out how to install the Acerbis tank.....

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.