Mystery Tube - xr600 carb

6 replies to this topic
  • Bennito

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:34 PM

Took the carb out to change jets. Reinstalled. Bike runs well. Too bad I don't know where this mystery tube goes. THoughts?

mystery tube

• Bennito

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:35 PM

If it matters, bike is a 1992.

• roadrunner81

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:41 PM

under your tank, should go through rubber isolater under tank with bend facing rear I think. Its for going through deep water.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:55 PM

my 2000 xr600r looks the same as your pic does. funny, I noticed it yesterday after a real good cleaning, and was asking myself, "&%$#@!? Was that like that before?" Now, I know...

• Owyhee

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:41 PM

I was going to take a pic of my 1999's tube and where it was routed... but the tube is gone. It still runs okay... but I think I'll be putting a new tube on it ASAP.

I'm also curious where what it is and where it goes. :applause:

• cleonard

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:46 PM

I've looked at mine an wondered too. I think that it is just a vent.

• tomb1957

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:39 PM

Yup, just a vent. Mine is tucked in next to the shock reservoir.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.