Triple clamps - Applied, BRP, or ?

2 replies to this topic
  • Descalzo

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:54 AM

Which ones are "best"? :applause:

The #1 reason I'm swapping is to move the bars as far forward as possible. From what I've been able to gather from their web pages, it seems the top clamps move the bars roughly the same amount. (but I'm not sure about that :applause: ) If that's true, then the question is- Replacing the tops & bottoms, which are going to give me a stiffer front?

The upper & lower sets sell for roughly the same money.
The BRP's in bling-bling blue, which is interesting but not worth $50 to me. The Applied lowers look ultra-beefy with the 3 bolt clamp, but "looks" don't always mean much.

Neither mfg. tells you anything about how they're made, the fork clamping surface/area, or . ... , so I'm turning to the board for advice.

If one or the other actually moves the bar further forward than the other, this question has an easy answer since that's my 1st priority.
Which brings up #2, which sets "stiffer" & going to make me happier? :lol:

TIA - David

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Desertskyy

Posted February 27, 2007 - 02:23 PM

I have a BRP top clamp, bar set up and front mount stabilizer set up. Call BRP they have always given me great customer service and even sent me a free BRP hat when I bought my Scotts stabilizer from them. J Campbell uses BRP with what seems to be good results.

• pburke

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:01 PM

I have a BRP top clamp, bar set up and front mount stabilizer set up. Call BRP they have always given me great customer service and even sent me a free BRP hat when I bought my Scotts stabilizer from them.

darn, I just got stickers when I bought the full under bar scotts BRP setup - doh!

:applause:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.