Any Tips About Adjusting a Edelbrock - XR650R

4 replies to this topic
  • Agent2

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:37 AM

I mean actually getting to the adjuster knob with out taking off the seat, tank, wings etc. If I jam the head of a screwdriver between the intake and the bottom of the tank, I can just barely get a couple of my fat fingers on the knob. Any one have a trick to make a quick trailside adjustment?

• wickedsprint

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:25 PM

I always had to raise the tank on mine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Noppy

Posted March 03, 2007 - 02:58 PM

Grind some little spots on the knob with a Dremel so you'll have more grip on it. It worked for me with an IMS tank.

• prockish17

Posted March 05, 2007 - 11:02 AM

I think it is just the nature of the beast. I have to pull mine. I have actually put back on the stock tank just so I can access the carb and the spark plug, not sure it it will do any good but I agree, access sucks. Good thing once you set it it shouldn't need to move much unless you are jumping elevations often.

• deanlikesstella

Posted March 05, 2007 - 11:55 AM

get a clarke tank you can get your hand up the side to adjust it :applause:

Related Content

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.