Boyesen - Quickshot Accelerator Pump Cover

11 replies to this topic
  • HEBEGB66

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:00 AM

Has anyone tried the Quickshot and is it worth the $80.00?

I have a 07 YZ450F.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:16 AM

yes and a powernow and a twin air powerfilter

All work a little, and address a particular symptom, but spend 100.00 and send your carb to ZipTy Racing and you will get a hell of lot more bang for the buck than spending 80.00 on a quickshot that just diffuses fuel better in the diaphram....my 2cents:excuseme:

• WB450

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:47 AM

yes and a powernow and a twin air powerfilter

All work a little, and address a particular symptom, but spend 100.00 and send your carb to ZipTy Racing and you will get a hell of lot more bang for the buck than spending 80.00 on a quickshot that just diffuses fuel better in the diaphram....my 2cents:excuseme:

:applause: :applause: :lol:

• grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:55 AM

... is it worth the $80.00?

Not even close to it.

The quickshot may (might, maybe) do a very small amount to help off idle response, but at $80, it pales beside the Zip-Ty carb mod. That mod is a take your carb off and send it out deal. For $100, you get everything that the Quickshot promised you but couldn't deliver, plus 1-1.5 actual extra horsepower. Compare that to the same gain (if you're lucky) with an $800 exhaust system. Hmm?

If you just want to address a stumbling problem on opening the throttle, start by rejetting, then look into the accelerator pump wiring (or O-ringing) mod:

http://www.thumperta...560#post3137560

• SXP

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:37 PM

Not even close to it.

The quickshot may (might, maybe) do a very small amount to help off idle response, but at $80, it pales beside the Zip-Ty carb mod. That mod is a take your carb off and send it out deal. For $100, you get everything that the Quickshot promised you but couldn't deliver, plus 1-1.5 actual extra horsepower. Compare that to the same gain (if you're lucky) with an $800 exhaust system. Hmm?

If you just want to address a stumbling problem on opening the throttle, start by rejetting, then look into the accelerator pump wiring (or O-ringing) mod:

http://www.thumperta...560#post3137560

Grey - Have you had the ZipTy carb mod done or plan to? I'd love to read your impressions before I pull the trigger on this. My 07 WR with the JD kit has the best throttle response I've experienced on a bike and just can't imagine it getting any better, but.......

• CRF150Joe

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:54 PM

hell yes its amazing

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:43 PM

Grey - Have you had the ZipTy carb mod done or plan to?

I'm thinking I'll do it to the '06, but I don't know when, exactly. Remember that the mod is less about making the engine tolerate ridiculously quick throttle opening than it is about making more power throughout the rpm range by changing the way fuel is delivered by the carb. The heart of it is the change in the needle jet and air passages. The AP mod was thrown in as a bonus.

• HEBEGB66

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:49 PM

Thanks guys. I think I'll try sending my carb to Zip TY.

• Florida_426

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:54 AM

I have a Quickshot and believed it was an answer for several months. Off the bike and just careful jetting now. I'll evaluate the ZipTy mods is and when I get an 07 450. I reinstalled the stock AP cover and did some careful jetting with regular Keihin brass and a stock needle. No complaints from starting to roll on at heavy throttle applications. Just my personal observations on my own bike. Not a knock or an endorsement.

Bill

• Ga426owner

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:11 PM

Greyracer do it your 03 and your 06 - you will be amazed that the bike gets that much better.....I was a sceptic to at first but after doing this for myself.....every carb'd bike I buy from now on will have this mod done to it..it really is that good.:applause:

• grayracer513

Posted March 02, 2007 - 01:43 PM

I'm trying to get to the point where I can get another '06 or newer, and spending more on the '03 isn't going to help that.

• offthewall

Posted March 02, 2007 - 06:11 PM

Whatever you do, don't spend $80 on a QuickShot. I would spend it on the Quick Shot 2. Don't get ripped off. It's out, so give it a month or so to hit mainstream.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.