Guts tall soft

10 replies to this topic
  • eissinger4

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:43 AM

I just got my Guts Tall Soft installed on my 06 WR450- OH MY ROD!!!:applause: If anyone out there is considering getting one, do it! This was the best mod I've done yet. I'm 6'1 -170lbs. Not alot of difference in height, but a heck of a lot more comfortable. Will post pics later.:applause:

• lowry

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:22 AM

That's good to hear, I just ordered mine a couple of days ago.

• GlobalWarmer

Posted February 27, 2007 - 10:30 AM

I've had a Guts tall seat for about a year and a half. I ordered over the phone with them. It was supposed to come as stock stiffness but it was much softer than that. On tuff trails that require alot of body english the rear of the seat compresses down to the plastic hurting my hip. It also arrived with the nose not centered in the mold process. I wrote them and complained in a polite way and never heard back. I probably won't do business with them again.

• eissinger4

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:21 PM

I agree, their communication is not good, but my seat foam arrived with no defects at all. Hopefully someone at GUTS will read some of the complaints about their communication and change that.

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 27, 2007 - 01:23 PM

I agree, their communication is not good, but my seat foam arrived with no defects at all. Hopefully someone at GUTS will read some of the complaints about their communication and change that.

I use the Guts Tall Firm, The soft was like a marshmellow and just gushed down to the seat pan.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • buzzgrizz

Posted February 27, 2007 - 04:59 PM

Just put one on the ktm and it is great:thumbsup:

• hane9272

Posted February 27, 2007 - 06:43 PM

I need something softer then stock! If I order a soft seat but standard height can I reuse my original seat cover and just replace my foam?

• Seabass

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:46 PM

After doing 600 miles in three days in Baja on the stock seat I thought I'd never be able to sit again. Before the next trip I went and bought a GUTS tall/soft seat and man....what a difference!! One of the best mods I've done!

• eissinger4

Posted March 04, 2007 - 09:24 AM

I need something softer then stock! If I order a soft seat but standard height can I reuse my original seat cover and just replace my foam?

Yes you can- One thing to consider; if you get the stock height/soft, if you weigh more than about 150 lbs, your a$$ is gonna hit the seat pan on every bump. The soft foam is really soft. The tall IS taller, but it's not much more of a difference. I thought about going stock height, too, but after riding with the tall/soft, I wouldn't go back. No more monkey butt!!!

One more thing- Alot of TT'ers talk about the tall/soft making it easier to transition from sitting to standing. It really does make a HUGE difference, which also reduces fatigue while riding. I haven't found a negative with the tall/soft, yet.

• eissinger4

Posted March 04, 2007 - 01:28 PM

Here's a couple of pics of the new seat foam with a Factory Effex cover-

http://i175.photobuc...tures0003-1.jpg

http://i175.photobuc...tures0004-1.jpg

[/IMG]Posted Image

• MountainMax

Posted March 24, 2007 - 11:45 AM

I too have the tall soft seat by guys, and love it, I did find the nose cone never centered 100% on mine either, but i live with it because it works so well for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.