XR650L headlight/speedo/wiring removal/replacemnt

5 replies to this topic
  • radvocaat

Posted February 26, 2007 - 09:08 PM

'01-XR650L

I searched(briefly I admit) and couldn't find any info. Im thinking of replacing my headlight and speedo etc. since i've got it all torn down right now to change my bearings in the headset. Im thinking of an aftermarket upper triple with a stabilizer(scotts?), then started thinking of a computer instead of the speedo, and a different headlight. Anyone have some ideas, pics of mods done similar to this or links to info.

Peace--R

• drtlvr

Posted February 27, 2007 - 03:57 AM

heres my set up I use the gps for my speedometer,the blue led is for the nuetral
the red is a flashig one for the blinkers, the orange is for the led that lights my plate which I can shut off with the toggle switch.
there is also a 12 volt aux. adapter where the gps plugs into

I forgot these pics don't show the orange led and toggle switch

Attached Thumbnails

• led lites 002.jpg
  • led lites 001.jpg
  • led liceense 010.jpg

• radvocaat

Posted February 28, 2007 - 06:20 AM

Any one else have any info/ideas?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • michhub

Posted February 28, 2007 - 08:27 AM

I switched to a 650R headlight assembly, Acewell Speedo & RSW Racing Upper Triple clamp...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• drtlvr

Posted February 28, 2007 - 02:23 PM

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

• radvocaat

Posted February 28, 2007 - 07:03 PM

I switched to a 650R headlight assembly, Acewell Speedo & RSW Racing Upper Triple clamp...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That's the kind of set up im talking about!!! Very nice! Thanks for the idea!

Peace--R

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.