Steering Stabilizer

17 replies to this topic
  • otter101

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:59 PM

So what steering stabilizer is everyone running GPR, or SCOTTS. And which set up regular mount or sub mount?

• byggd

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:11 AM

Do a search....you will find SCOTTS almost 100% :applause: It has low and high speed settings and only dampens away from center :applause:

• bigdrtrdr

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:09 AM

Do a search....you will find SCOTTS almost 100% :applause: It has low and high speed settings and only dampens away from center :applause:

Ditto....

Thats what I use, Submounted on my stock top clamp w/Barrissers.

• Edrow

Posted February 27, 2007 - 11:18 AM

GPR V3 sub mount. Has remote handlebar adjuster.

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:06 PM

GPR V3 sub mount. Has remote handlebar adjuster.

GPR V2 Sub Mount its great

PS so far its 50/50!

• byggd

Posted February 27, 2007 - 02:22 PM

GPR V2 Sub Mount its great

PS so far its 50/50!

Do a search for those who have used both and that will change VERY quickly :applause:

• Poway1464

Posted February 27, 2007 - 04:47 PM

GPR and I like it alot.

• ncampion

Posted February 27, 2007 - 06:23 PM

Scotts with BRP sub mount. No contest

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:47 PM

Do a search for those who have used both and that will change VERY quickly :applause:

hmm still 50/50 smart guy.... it doesnt matter what one you go with your going to have some that say gpr and others scotts. buy one they do the same thing. you get free services with gpr and you have to pay with scotts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Seabass

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:48 PM

Scotts, I know guys sponsored by GPR and they prefer the Scotts. But either way it's an improvement over stock.

• pops 56

Posted February 28, 2007 - 02:53 AM

Scotts with Scotts t tree with regular mount .But I would like the sub mount just for the extra height :applause: Posted Image

• byggd

Posted February 28, 2007 - 04:44 AM

hmm still 50/50 smart guy.... it doesnt matter what one you go with your going to have some that say gpr and others scotts. buy one they do the same thing. you get free services with gpr and you have to pay with scotts.

Smart Guy? Well thanks for the complement! :applause: I'm not saying gpr is a bad product but scotts is better. It’s more versatile with a broader range of adjustments. Also, it’s the only brand the only dampens away from center which lends to less fatigue on long rides.

• Lava

Posted February 28, 2007 - 05:24 AM

So what steering stabilizer is everyone running GPR, or SCOTTS. And which set up regular mount or sub mount?

I think you will find that either will serve you very well, the scotts/ohlins damper is tried and true where as the GPR seems to be a very good modern design. I think the GPR looks a lot better, especially the sub mount kit. :applause:

I have used the Ohlins damper on a previous bike, they work really good. I can't speak for GPR, but I can't imagine they would be too much different at all.

I am running the WER damper, I got it for a carton of beer off a mate that sold his bike, and that's all about they are worth but this one wasn't on your list anyway.....

• GCannon

Posted February 28, 2007 - 11:09 AM

Scotts BRP sub mount if you like your bars high. Standard mount if you like low bars.
Go for the whole enchilada the BRP triple clamp with the rubber mounted bar clamp and the 1 1/8 pro tapers are worth every penny and then the Damper is like gravy on top. Your hands and forearms will love you.

The Scotts Damper is bullet proof!

• mr meat

Posted February 28, 2007 - 11:11 AM

GPR Under bar Love it :applause:

• byggd

Posted February 28, 2007 - 07:06 PM

Take a look at the poll at the top of the forum.... I rest my case :applause:

• clark4131

Posted March 01, 2007 - 04:06 PM

Take a look at the poll at the top of the forum.... I rest my case :applause:

I'm all about getting out the definitive info and opinions :applause:...SC

• otter101

Posted March 01, 2007 - 06:18 PM

Great responce guys thanks. So which is best at low speed tight trail racing like hare scrambles, enduros.
thanks

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.