06 YZ450 Cycra Probends

5 replies to this topic
  • brotherdallas

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:59 PM

Cycra Probends - *triple clamp mount*... After replacing the stock bars with "Windham/Rm Highs," my handguards are running too low to be effective. I can run them through just one bolt on the triple clamp, but this is just a temp fix and not strong at all. Does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

• GCannon

Posted February 27, 2007 - 09:21 AM

I had this problem when I installed my Scotts Sub Mount my bars became so high that the tripple clamp mounts pull the handguards down.
Try this: http://store.cycrara...m/uclhamos.html
or This: http://store.cycrara...rapawisomo.html Since I have the WR with the Endurance computer the Solution was not a good choice for me since it blocked the view of the computer.

• klb130

Posted February 27, 2007 - 06:45 PM

I had a mounting problem with these on my 07 YZ450. Cycra sent me the bar mounts and it's a done deal. Use the bar mounts. They work fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • brotherdallas

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:47 AM

Thanks guys. I have a message into cycra for some bar mounts. I didn't really want to go that route cause the cockpit just feels more cluttered. Are those special bar mounts to work with existing triple clamp mounted probends or just regular probend bar mounts?

• yz440e

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:52 AM

the bar mounts utilize the barkbuster, not the TC mount piece. So when you install the bar mounts, you will have triple clamp mounts left over. All of cycras barkbusters are the same, the just use different mount systems.

• NorCal

Posted February 28, 2007 - 11:30 AM

I'm not a fan of the triple clamp mounts at all. I don't want all the force of a fall to be exserted on my triple clamps/forks.

I have the Pastrana bend (probably similar to the Windham High) bars and found the regular bar mounts work perfectly. After all that hassle:bonk:

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.