Dimensions of XR600R -92 front axle?

9 replies to this topic
  • kristofer

Posted February 26, 2007 - 04:22 PM

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me the dimensions of the front axle from a -92 XR600R fork?

I think the main diameter should be 17 mm, but I am mainly interested in the thread size and the diameter of the part that goes in the clamp.
Also if anyone knows the bolt pattern of the clamp, that would be greatly appreciated.

The reason I am wondering is to be able to machine a new axle. :applause:

All the best,

• cleonard

Posted February 26, 2007 - 04:51 PM

Can you not just buy one?

The axle did change in 1992. It got larger. Which axle are you looking for 85-91 or 92-00?

• kristofer

Posted February 27, 2007 - 12:51 AM

Yes I could, but I am trying to make the fork fit on a DR 650 SE with the front wheel of the DR (17 mm axle). Therefore I would prefer to be able machine my own axle and make it sligtly longer in the thread and clamping part to have more adjustability.

Also I have access to a workshop where I only pay for material, so $4 of material instead of $40 for an axle (probably more since I live in Sweden) seems like a good deal to me. As I payed $60 for the forks, it hurts to spend as much on an axle and clamp.

So if anyone has an axle lying around I would be very grateful if you could measure it for me :applause:

• kristofer

Posted February 28, 2007 - 10:18 AM

• gbking

Posted February 28, 2007 - 11:20 AM

Do you mean front wheel axle or triple clamps axle?

The first axle has a 15mm diameter.
I don't know its size, when it is in the left fork.

The triple clamps axle has a 26 mm diameter.
It fit a 26/47/15 bearing.

Hope been useful! :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kristofer

Posted March 01, 2007 - 09:18 AM

Thanks for the reply gbking, but what I am after is the thread and clamp size of the front wheel axle. I appreciate the effort, though! :applause:

It needs to be 17 mm (which is what -92 up have if I am correct) where the wheel goes, but I need to know how big it should be where it connects to the fork. So the sizes of the chunky part where it clamps (left seen from front) and the thread where it screws in (right side seen from front) are what I need. I hope I'm making sense...

• gbking

Posted March 01, 2007 - 09:11 PM

Sure Kris!

My front wheel's just off: in the afternoon I'll check that diameter! :applause:

• kristofer

Posted March 02, 2007 - 10:20 AM

Very kind of you gbking!

(I saw that you are from Italy, I just got back from a week in the Aosta valley. Amazing skiing! Oh yes, the food and wine is good too... :applause:)

• gbking

Posted March 04, 2007 - 03:05 PM

So, the diameter is 25 mm. the lenght is 38 mm.
I mean the part of the front wheel axle that fit inside the right front fork... :-)

(I live at the opposite part of Italy in the souht east: by the sea! I like skiing, but I like sailing, surfing the most! :-) )

• kristofer

Posted March 07, 2007 - 02:05 PM

Thanks! I'll start manufacturing it as soon as possible, and we'll see how it goes!

Related Content

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  41 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.