Calling IndyWR and all the old school WR forum guys

22 replies to this topic
  • drtbk4ever

Posted March 01, 2007 - 12:39 PM

just melt holes in some old backpack straps with an 8mm bolt.

Here's a thread on making your own straps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted March 01, 2007 - 02:11 PM

Looks like a good use for an old tiedown too.

• Frostbite

Posted March 13, 2007 - 04:49 AM

Thanks for the invite Simon, it sounds like a great trip. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year.

In December I moved south from Nunavut to Nova Scotia. I was just getting settled into the new place and looking forward to some mild temperaure non-snow riding. On Friday my phone rang with an offer I couldn't refuse, so right now I am sitting in the Ottawa airport waiting for my connecting flight to Pangnirtung, Nunavut.

Pang is a tiny community, much smaller and rougher than Iqaluit where I spent the past 8 years. The bad news is I'll be there for 6 months. The good news is that my bike is still in Iqaluit as I was waiting to ship it south on the boat when the ice melts. I am thinking of flying it up to Pang (this'll be the 2nd time) but I sold my track and front ski to Duckboy so it won't be nearly as much fun to ride in the snow.

If my bike and I were south I'd definitely consider heading west for the ride, so I'd like to ask for a raincheck. Sounds like you have it well planned out and this early notice gives plenty of time to make arrangements.

Sorry if the typing is rough. I bought a new laptop for this trip and am not used to the keyboard. I'm corecting spelling mistakes on every line, hop I gat thom all. :lol:

Frosty :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.