Thanks for the invite Simon, it sounds like a great trip. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year.
In December I moved south from Nunavut to Nova Scotia. I was just getting settled into the new place and looking forward to some mild temperaure non-snow riding. On Friday my phone rang with an offer I couldn't refuse, so right now I am sitting in the Ottawa airport waiting for my connecting flight to Pangnirtung, Nunavut.
Pang is a tiny community, much smaller and rougher than Iqaluit where I spent the past 8 years. The bad news is I'll be there for 6 months. The good news is that my bike is still in Iqaluit as I was waiting to ship it south on the boat when the ice melts. I am thinking of flying it up to Pang (this'll be the 2nd time) but I sold my track and front ski to Duckboy so it won't be nearly as much fun to ride in the snow.
If my bike and I were south I'd definitely consider heading west for the ride, so I'd like to ask for a raincheck. Sounds like you have it well planned out and this early notice gives plenty of time to make arrangements.
Sorry if the typing is rough. I bought a new laptop for this trip and am not used to the keyboard. I'm corecting spelling mistakes on every line, hop I gat thom all.