Calling IndyWR and all the old school WR forum guys

22 replies to this topic
  • simon@vic

Posted February 26, 2007 - 12:03 PM

Hello guys (you know who you are).

This is your invitation to join me and friends in our annual August enduro trip.
Aug 7-17th 2007. north of whister BC.
spots are limited and the price is FREE.
if you can get the time off work you should read the below then contact me asap for a slot.
simon8965@hotmail.com

The over all plan is to camp out for 2 weeks and do long day rides. the camp spot is basicly 2wd accessable but i wouldnt want to drive a car towing a trialer. truck with camper and trialer for bikes would be ideal. but most of us will be tenting.

Needed:
BIKE:
-recently serviced reliable 4-stroke eundro motorcycle.
-jetting for 4000-8000ft {will be riding 2500-10 000ft}
-wide ratio transmission with low sprocket gearing. (13/50 or 14/52 for a WR450)
-ability to cruse @ 75-80km/h
-14L fuel capacity
-stock head light {no night riding expected…….but you never know}
-BRAND NEW front and rear tires with heavy duty tubes {no exceptions}
-good chain & sprockets
GEAR:
- bike specific EXTRA parts {bars, hand guards, leavers, cables, output shaft seal, water pump seals, hardware, tubes tires, etc}
- riding tool kit {with bike specific tools}
-GPS & compass OR FRS radio {radio bare minimum}
-riding first aid kit
-mid sized hydration bag {10-15l cargo plus 3l water sack}
-lighter
-2x emerge foil blankets
-toilet paper
-21 + 18"tubes {trail spares}
-folding saw
-thermal long sleeved shirt
-swim shorts
-trail food

YOU:
This trip is NOT for week legged or minded riders. there are some nasty sections that are literally DO OR DIE. experience and confidence will be a necessity. Riders will be expected to ride 12h+ days of tight steep high alpine terrain and some boring logging road sections in the same day. You will need steep technical hill climbing experience as well as "all day" experience. Expect everything from, 90-120km mountain single track days with bushwhacking, back tracking, and the unexpected.

Trip is limited to 8 riders
1- Simon {confirmed}
2- Mark {confirmed}
3- Martin {confirmed}
4- Scott {confirmed}
5- open
6- open
7- open
8- open

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• ncmountainman

Posted February 26, 2007 - 01:06 PM

man i'd love to,but that'll be right in the middle of my race schedule and i'm going to try to points race this yr. appreciate the offer,i'll bet dan(indy) will jump on it.

• MSHAM

Posted February 26, 2007 - 02:24 PM

I guess the rest of us don't make the cut! I never thought it was cool to invite selected people to a gathering publicly. Not cool. I don't want to ride with a bunch of "better than the rest anyway"!

• jbrooks26

Posted February 26, 2007 - 03:57 PM

Sounds like a great trip!! Hope we get to see some pictures of the carnage!

Josh

• Fullbore4

Posted February 26, 2007 - 10:39 PM

yah I'd really like to see some pics or video!

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 27, 2007 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for the invite Simon!:applause:

Man those dates run in with my annual Idaho trip!:cry: :cry: :eek:
Sounds like an awesome ride! Wish I could go!:lol:

This year we are riding the wilderenss areas of Idaho Aug 5th thru Aug 11th
Unfortunately I have a week of riding planned with my Idaho TT buddies DDialogue, N7SLC, BBlack, Blue Knight and others!:applause:

Posted Image

• CJ06WR

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:21 AM

Indy,

Where's the place in the photo? My wife's side lives all over Idaho and I make atleast one trip a year up there, usually do a little duck hunting, and then drive home. I have thought about taking the WR with me but it never seems to work out. Looking at the photo I may have to bribe the wife with a new purse and go do some riding.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:35 AM

Simon, I would love to go. My wife and I are scheduling a dive trip to Belize this summer (we think in August)... Thanks for the invite bud.... :applause:

• simon@vic

Posted February 27, 2007 - 11:34 AM

I guess the rest of us don't make the cut! I never thought it was cool to invite selected people to a gathering publicly. Not cool. I don't want to ride with a bunch of "better than the rest anyway"!

its not a matter of i am/ we are better then you. i/we just don't know you, your bike, or your riding level.. sorry, but if i did a public invitation there would be a flood. or riders who get in over there head. I'm not saying your a bad guy or cant make the terrain, i just don't know. :applause:

rather then bitching about it you could be smart and put together a convincing email with pictures of why you should be able to make it and how you could be an asset to our group. i have done the same and been invited on trips that i was not originally planned to be on.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:01 PM

Indy,

Where's the place in the photo? My wife's side lives all over Idaho and I make atleast one trip a year up there, usually do a little duck hunting, and then drive home. I have thought about taking the WR with me but it never seems to work out. Looking at the photo I may have to bribe the wife with a new purse and go do some riding.

I do this ride every year! It is a blast once you get used to the steep loose hill tight switchbacks the mules made when carrying mining supplies in the old days. That is a trail in the Baumgartner area that goes over to the old mining town of Atlanta. We ride up Willow Creek and then back down into Atlanta. I believe that is Two Point mountain in the background of the earlier picture. Real tough wilderness mule track trails. There are easier ways to Atlanta on the other single track trails just to the west of Willow Creek.:applause: Super scenic true single track riding!

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CJ06WR

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:10 PM

Indy,

Thanks for the reply...I have no idea where that is but it looks awesome. I will definately need to set a time to go.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:14 PM

its not a matter of i am/ we are better then you. i/we just don't know you, your bike, or your riding level.. sorry, but if i did a public invitation there would be a flood. or riders who get in over there head. I'm not saying your a bad guy or cant make the terrain, i just don't know. :applause:

rather then bitching about it you could be smart and put together a convincing email with pictures of why you should be able to make it and how you could be an asset to our group. i have done the same and been invited on trips that i was not originally planned to be on.

All you need to do is look at some of Simon's awesome wilderness BC adventure ride videos and you will see why you need to have experience, proper set up and a maintained machine and some goat trail gearing and skills. This is not a trail ride 10 minutes from your truck! You can get seriously injured and you need to trust each other for survival! We have sections where we only average 4 miles per hour over 2 hours of Boulder hell! :lol:

It gets tough and everyone needs to have endurance and a no quit attitude! I have taken some real good riders from the midwest flatlands that wont come back on our Idaho wilderness rides!

Posted Image

Thanks again Simon. I hope you get your ride group filled.:applause:

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 27, 2007 - 08:18 PM

Indy,

Thanks for the reply...I have no idea where that is but it looks awesome. I will definately need to set a time to go.

Baumgartner campgrounds is just 5 miles east of Featherville.

Here is the map of Atlanta on Mapquest:

http://www.mapquest....ate=ID&zipcode=

• simon@vic

Posted February 28, 2007 - 09:20 AM

wow indy. the pictures you take could have been taken here in BC.
i wish we didn't have the same dates. if they where offset by a week or so you could come ride with us then we could come down there..........

• simon@vic

Posted February 28, 2007 - 09:25 AM

3-4 guys is fine. i just wanted some of you "old yanks" to come up here!

• devo1

Posted February 28, 2007 - 09:51 AM

All you need to do is look at some of Simon's awesome wilderness BC adventure ride videos and you will see why you need to have experience, proper set up and a maintained machine and some goat trail gearing and skills. This is not a trail ride 10 minutes from your truck! You can get seriously injured and you need to trust each other for survival! We have sections where we only average 4 miles per hour over 2 hours of Boulder hell! :applause:

It gets tough and everyone needs to have endurance and a no quit attitude! I have taken some real good riders from the midwest flatlands that wont come back on our Idaho wilderness rides!

Posted Image

Hey!:lol: I resemble that remark. I haven't completely ruled out returning to Idaho. When I do I'm taking different tires and installing grab straps on my bike. (where do you buy those?)

• simon@vic

Posted February 28, 2007 - 02:28 PM

just melt holes in some old backpack straps with an 8mm bolt.

• Matt James

Posted February 28, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Anyone ever ride around Hungary Horse Mt.? You can ride to the edges of Glacier Park and the county looks like many of the pics.

• 04WR450F

Posted February 28, 2007 - 07:55 PM

Geez guys, you ought enter the Erzberg Rodeo or the Last Man Standing! Looks tough..err..BRUTAL.

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 01, 2007 - 09:10 AM

Hey!:applause: I resemble that remark. I haven't completely ruled out returning to Idaho. When I do I'm taking different tires and installing grab straps on my bike. (where do you buy those?)

You are right Devo! It was just a bad set of tires and a Warn winch on the handlebars from being easy! Here is the shot from the Emma creek trail (your favorite!)!:applause:

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.