Carb modifications

6 replies to this topic
  • rickallen124

Posted February 26, 2007 - 07:21 AM

I was wondering if anyone has experience with carb mods? I'm looking into tokyo mods and zip-ty racing as they both do it a wanted some feedback. Is it any better than a jd jet kit or just jetting the bike yourself?

• Ga426owner

Posted February 26, 2007 - 07:24 AM

do a search - lots of info
These mods are so much more than a rejetting exercise

ZipTy - 100.00
Tokyo Mods - 229.00

• rickallen124

Posted February 26, 2007 - 07:27 AM

Have you done it to your bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WB450

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:33 AM

I was wondering if anyone has experience with carb mods? I'm looking into tokyo mods and zip-ty racing as they both do it a wanted some feedback. Is it any better than a jd jet kit or just jetting the bike yourself?

There are a few threads on the Zip Ty mod. I called Steve from Zip Ty last week, we spoke about the Zip Ty mod. There is much more than just changing jet involved with that mod. I boxed mine up and sent it out, should be back this week!:applause:

• LIL ROG

Posted February 26, 2007 - 09:40 AM

The zipty mods are great i have them on my bike plus by having zipty do it you know that your bike will still be reliable

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2007 - 10:42 AM

do a search - lots of info
These mods are so much more than a rejetting exercise

ZipTy - 100.00
Tokyo Mods - 229.00

I don't know what you get in terms of power gains with the Tokyo mod, but the Zip-Ty is documented to be worth about 1.5 hp. That's a big kick for that kind of money.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 26, 2007 - 10:44 AM

Have you done it to your bike?

yes 2 bikes
Best 100.00 I have ever spent on mods for these bikes

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.