Your steel framed 450 will turn!!

24 replies to this topic
  • mxracer206

Posted March 02, 2007 - 04:40 AM

Interesting info, and I just ordered the Storm lowering link for my 04 450f due to my massive 5'4" height, or lack of...anyway, I haven't even ridden it yet. in PA its still snowblowing time, but its too tall for me. anyone here have any info on this set up? I was also going to lower my front by raising the front tubes??? Just thought I'd ask here.

Most people use the lowering link for suoer-moto racing. We put the MX link on to raise the rear to help turning. I do not think you will be able to raise the fork tubes enough to make up for how much the link will lower the rear. If you are not riding SM then you may need to have a suspension shop shorten the forks to use the Storm link or run the stock link and shorten the sub frame, then run the forks raised as much as possible.

• yz450frider15

Posted March 02, 2007 - 08:17 AM

u kno how the fork tubes are pulled down right to the top of the clamps well my buddy pushed the clams down givin about a half inch fron the top of the fork tube and the clamps and he said it works great much better but it doesnt handle as good at high speeds hes not usein the storm link tho

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nysurfsf

Posted March 07, 2007 - 05:52 AM

What are you guy's calling "high speed"

I ride only motocross so it is rare that I'm holding third open for very long on the 4 speed '05 450?

Is it safe for me to assume I won't have the "high speed disadvantage" (I'm 5'11" 240) and have RG3 upper and lower with pro tapers.

• yz450frider15

Posted March 20, 2007 - 07:36 AM

there are some tracks down south where i use to live where u could easily hold 3rd open i dont think i ever hit 4th for to long but im always in 2nd and 3rd

• mxracer206

Posted March 20, 2007 - 03:20 PM

What are you guy's calling "high speed"

I ride only motocross so it is rare that I'm holding third open for very long on the 4 speed '05 450?

Is it safe for me to assume I won't have the "high speed disadvantage" (I'm 5'11" 240) and have RG3 upper and lower with pro tapers.

No problems at all at any speed for me. You will love it if you try it. Even had to light of fork springs at first and no problems.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.