SDG seat amd ims gastank 06 450 nothing lines up

9 replies to this topic
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted February 25, 2007 - 07:55 PM

ok i got a 06 450 and i have the 3.1 gal ims tank and i got a SDG seat, now there both very good products but the center screw that u slide the seat on is not centerd ( off by a 1/4 inch) and the SDG seat is super hard to get on, i cant get the clip part of the seat on the part of the subframe for it to be on right.
is anybody else having these probs with these to things, im leaving for daytona on friday morning and i need this stuff to be right.

im going to call ims tomrrow and see what they can do about the off center bolt.

sry for the long post just a little :applause:

BTW what seats do u guys have with the IMS 3.1 gal tank

THANKS

• 1BLUEsky

Posted February 25, 2007 - 08:02 PM

I have an 03 WR450 with their 3.4 gal tank.The stock seat went on with no problem as it had two points for the screw.Sorry to hear about your problem'i hope they can FEDEX a new tank right away.

• SXP

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:14 PM

ok i got a 06 450 and i have the 3.1 gal ims tank and i got a SDG seat, now there both very good products but the center screw that u slide the seat on is not centerd ( off by a 1/4 inch) and the SDG seat is super hard to get on, i cant get the clip part of the seat on the part of the subframe for it to be on right.
is anybody else having these probs with these to things, im leaving for daytona on friday morning and i need this stuff to be right.

im going to call ims tomrrow and see what they can do about the off center bolt.

sry for the long post just a little :applause:

BTW what seats do u guys have with the IMS 3.1 gal tank

THANKS

I had to use a spacer to raise the center post up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch on the IMS tank (same tank you are working with) in order for the stock seat and IMS tank to play together on my 07 WR450. Don't know if this helps, but won't cost you anything to try.....

• brotherdallas

Posted February 26, 2007 - 05:25 PM

I have the IMS 3.1 on my '06 YZ450 and I'm not very impressed with the fit and finish. My stock seat just barely (with too much force) slides back on to line up with the subframe. What did IMS say?

• SXP

Posted February 26, 2007 - 08:09 PM

I have the IMS 3.1 on my '06 YZ450 and I'm not very impressed with the fit and finish. My stock seat just barely (with too much force) slides back on to line up with the subframe. What did IMS say?

See my post above. I had exactly the same problem and fixed it by using a spacer between the tank and plastic post. You can still use the stock bolt as its long enough even with the 1/8 inch spacer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThumperKid250F

Posted February 26, 2007 - 09:18 PM

well i called up motosport outlet today and i told them whats going and they are sending me a clarke tank and i just have to send them back the ims. they told me they stoping carrying the ims tank ( no reason why) and are sending me the clarke tank with free overnight shipping. so lets hope this fits better. ill report back

on a side note on my 2004 yz 250 the ims tank fit great and the seat went on with out a proplem, so idk whats with the 06

• grayracer513

Posted February 26, 2007 - 09:48 PM

We have a Clarke on our '06 part time. The fit to the bike was fine. The fit of the shrouds to the tank was a little less wonderful, but not a problem. It's 2.8 Gal, by the way.

http://www.thumperta...918#post4069918

• norcal_hoss

Posted February 27, 2007 - 07:07 AM

Ya I hear ya I am far from impressed with the SDG complete seat. Thing was made in china in the jungles by a monkey. I dunno who came up with the template for the base of the seat but man they were far from even close. It took 4 of us in my garage taking turns to get it on, it makes me not want to clean my air filter just for the fact I dont want to deal with the seat lol

For 5 years now I always drove up to Guts and they did it and I never had an issue ever since its your stock base. That to me is the best route to go these after market complete sets are complete junk imho.:applause:

• whiteYZ

Posted February 27, 2007 - 02:39 PM

I just wrestled my sdg step seat i just got the other day on. I had the same prob in the middle, the latch part is curved up way higher than the stock seat. I just took the grinder and sanded it down till I could get it to latch right under the subframe. Seat def. fits poorly, not impressed at all.

• Texas30

Posted February 27, 2007 - 03:14 PM

Seat def. fits poorly, not impressed at all.

DITTO...............

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.