Needle seat removal

4 replies to this topic
  • abby

Posted February 25, 2007 - 11:05 AM

I'm guessing it's just stuck - but I'm in the midst of uncorking doing the carb work. I changed the needle with the HRC needle, and took the bottom of the carb apart to change the jets. I removed the main jet and holder, but the needle seat isn't coming out.

Is there a trick to getting it out?

Thanks, I feel like an idiot right now.

• abby

Posted February 25, 2007 - 11:09 AM

Fortunately, I got it out- needed to tap on the top of the carb to drop it out. Unfortunately, it dropped and I didn't see which way it was situated.

With the carb upside down and dropping the new needle seat into the tube over the needle, which end goes in first? The big hole or the small hole? You can't tell in the manual.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • abby

Posted February 25, 2007 - 01:39 PM

OK, for the next guy - it only goes together one way. If you put it in the wrong direction, the seat holder won't screw on.

OK, done talking to myself. :applause:

• drex

Posted February 25, 2007 - 09:49 PM

Good info, thanks! Bummer to ask a question and not get an answer, eh? I didn't see your post -- but then again I didn't have the answer either.

• vaughn

Posted February 26, 2007 - 06:05 AM

A little to late but, the seat that comes with the HRC needle is the same as stock. At least I mic'ed mine and they were the same. No need to change it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.