Where is the ball going??

6 replies to this topic
  • MartinDKtm

Posted February 25, 2007 - 08:19 AM

Ok I did change the needle on my edelbrock carb and decided to remove all parts from it to clean it. But a small steel ball fell from somewhere and I don't know where it goes. I know that the small brass needle/plunger goes in the bowl but where is this small ball go?

I tried to check on the edelbrock web site and I had only found installation manual. I would need an answer or an explode view of the carb.

Thanks

Martin

• MartinDKtm

Posted February 25, 2007 - 10:14 AM

Case closed. It goes under the pump piston and the spring keep it from coming out is hole.

• rebelventurer

Posted February 25, 2007 - 10:47 AM

glad you figured it out, this is not the first time a thread like this has been started. Welcome to TT.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MartinDKtm

Posted February 25, 2007 - 02:47 PM

Thanks Rebel... I was almost stress for nothing with that ball. After looking at it I was able to figure how the accelerator pump circuit was working. I could not figure at first how the ball could be held in place. But I did check well and saw that the pump spring was also the retainer for the ball.

I was reading TT for wite awhile and finally sign in...I was more active in Ktmtalk and ADVrider. But since I lost my ktm lc4 in a accident im now a honda owner and TT is answering my question on my "new" used ride.

Martin

• focallength

Posted February 25, 2007 - 03:15 PM

things like that I just give to my mechanic and say fix it

sure I could do it myself but Id rather spend a few extra bucks and let someone else get the scraped knuckles and migraines. Plus if I screw up and break/lose a part I have to buy a new one. If the mechanic breaks/losses a part he gets to buy a new one.

either way its a win/win

• MartinDKtm

Posted February 25, 2007 - 05:13 PM

Im not ritch enought yet to pay a guy 65$/hour to screw up my ride. And when you pay them the job is never done as you would like it to be done. I do around 23$/h so I learn and do it myself. Today i learn those carb type. So if im stranded somewhere I will not be afraid to tear it down in the field and make it home for free. I love mechanics.

It's all personal choice. But I understand your point.

Martin

• goblin127

Posted February 25, 2007 - 07:37 PM

Im not ritch enought yet to pay a guy 65$/hour to screw up my ride. And when you pay them the job is never done as you would like it to be done. I do around 23$/h so I learn and do it myself. Today i learn those carb type. So if im stranded somewhere I will not be afraid to tear it down in the field and make it home for free. I love mechanics.

It's all personal choice. But I understand your point.

Martin

It's nice to know how to get your self unstranded. People who don't, have no buisness being in places that they can't get them selves out of.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.