Trail Tech XR650L Temp sensor install..

29 replies to this topic
  • XR_Dude

Posted October 10, 2007 - 04:02 AM

Thanks, I will try the reset button when I get home from work.

I had the basic trail tech computer (speedometer) and for some reason it leaked during a heavy rain and quit working. i had it for about 2 & a half years, so I decided to upgrade to the Viper.

• mikyrc

Posted October 10, 2007 - 11:34 PM

I was riding out toward Tecate 3 weeks ago and did a nice little flip over the bars, smashing my speedomter, headlight, and tail light. I have wanted to get the Trailtech for sometime, but did not want to spend the money because there was nothing wrong with mine. Looks like I will be ordering one soon, I like the way it looks, I would like more info on how accurate the engine temp is. Does anyone have the XR's only dipstick and the Trailtech sensor? How does it compare? Any input is appreciated!

James

I have both (Vapor and XR's only dipstick) but i can't help you as i have an oil cooler and because of that the temp read from the dipstick is much lower.

• XR_Dude

Posted October 11, 2007 - 03:23 AM

Hola, Mucho Gracias para el informacion - Thanks for the info, I tried the reset button and that did the trick, the engine temp is now operational! Gracia otra vez!:confused: :confused:

• machman

Posted October 11, 2007 - 10:46 AM

I have both (Vapor and XR's only dipstick) but i can't help you as i have an oil cooler and because of that the temp read from the dipstick is much lower.

How much different are they? Where do you have your Trail Tech temp sensor mounted?

• trippinwilly

Posted October 11, 2007 - 01:56 PM

Thanks anyway, I would love to install an oil cooler. I wish I could win the lottery because the US Marine Corps is not paying to much right now:thumbsdn: There are so many mods I want to do, I don't know where to start. Ill stop rambling now:blah: :confused: , but again, thanks for the reply!

James

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikyrc

Posted October 11, 2007 - 02:49 PM

XR_Dude, de nada (you're welcome) :confused:

I have the trailtech sensor to the same place trxxr shows on the pics.
About the temp differences, i think it's between 10-15 degrees if i'm not wrong

The temp on the trailtech use to change pretty fast depending on the driving conditions and the dipstick temp variations are much slower.

• XR_Dude

Posted October 12, 2007 - 03:54 AM

Hey Trippinwilly,

Thanks for your service!

• trippinwilly

Posted October 12, 2007 - 12:29 PM

Hey Trippinwilly,

Thanks for your service!

Not a problem, Thanks!

James

• mikyrc

Posted October 12, 2007 - 01:55 PM

Trippinwilly, an oil cooler is not that expensive. Well it isn't if you use used parts for it.

That's my writeup on the oil cooler.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=475410

The most expensive part is the XR 250 or XR 400 oil cooler, but you can probably find a good deal on a used one somewhere. I found mine on ebay.

• trippinwilly

Posted October 12, 2007 - 08:58 PM

Trippinwilly, an oil cooler is not that expensive. Well it isn't if you use used parts for it.

That's my writeup on the oil cooler.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=475410

The most expensive part is the XR 250 or XR 400 oil cooler, but you can probably find a good deal on a used one somewhere. I found mine on ebay.

Sweet, I think I might make that my next project after a new fuel tank.

Thanks,
James

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.