It Wont Start!!!! :(

9 replies to this topic
  • CRF150Joe

Posted February 24, 2007 - 02:27 PM

I just put the last of the parts on my YZ400 it was totally rebuilt and I went to start it today I did the proper procedure and nothing so I checked the spark plug turns out it wasnt getting spark i used some sandpaper between the electrodes to clean it bam i get shocked and it was getting sparked im like ok so i put it back in the bike kick kick kick still nothing &%$#@!?..I put some started fluid in it BAM backfires &%$#@!!..spark plug was wet so it was getting gas. The carb is in good shape..possible needs new spark plug? any ideas!

• 2wheels-drz

Posted February 24, 2007 - 03:38 PM

replace the plug, and try again. don't give it any gas when starting (back fire means ur giving some/too much) try it with the choke a few times. if nothin, check the plug again, if its wet, clean it and try again with out the choke.

remember, bring up on the compression, decomp, little inch dap, hit her a boot. should fire up first time.

• motokid338

Posted February 24, 2007 - 07:17 PM

Put a new plug in it.

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 24, 2007 - 09:38 PM

Your timing might bo off. If you reversed it, it will fire the spark plug at the wrong time...

• adz_244

Posted February 25, 2007 - 05:21 AM

may even be a weak stator your symptoms were the same as my yz 2 smoke,id get a shock putting my thumb on the end of the plug but nothing with the plug in the bike ,got the stator rewound and bam,first kick it was running,try the plug and check your timing first though

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • new2blu

Posted February 25, 2007 - 08:29 AM

Try a new plug. Are the valve clearances within spec? Also check to make sure the valve timing is correct.

• CRF150Joe

Posted February 25, 2007 - 10:22 AM

the entire motor was rebuilt its not mechanical for sure. It must be the spark plug I bougth an iridium one it will be here tuesday ill see how that one goes.

• Kyle Prior

Posted February 25, 2007 - 03:55 PM

the entire motor was rebuilt its not mechanical for sure. It must be the spark plug I bougth an iridium one it will be here tuesday ill see how that one goes.

Check your timing.... Its very easy to put a cam in upside down.

• CRF150Joe

Posted February 25, 2007 - 04:10 PM

It was done professionally its not the motor

• CRF150Joe

Posted February 25, 2007 - 04:35 PM

I just took the plug out again and its now not sparking..I dont think its gapped right personally not to mention it looks fouled to shit it totally black. So I am going to regap it to see if I can at least get a spark if not I know its the plug because its sparked before

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.