OEM chain/sprocket lifespan?

1 reply to this topic
  • johunter666

Posted February 23, 2007 - 11:36 PM

I have an 05 Wr450. I do mostly trail riding mixed with some light mx stuff. I have approx 1500 miles on my original chain and sprockets--they still look to be in great shape with very minimal wear. Realistically, how many miles can I expect to get?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Seabass

Posted February 24, 2007 - 04:24 PM

I'm not sure about the chain, but the sprockets last forever. I won a new chain and sprockets (AFAM) in a raffle last year. I figured why not replace the stock stuff? Well, the rear aluminum sprocket lasted about two months, and I replaced it with a Renthal aluminum sprocket. That one lasted about one month!!:applause: I've since replaced the rear sprocket with the stocker. If the stocl chain isn't stretching out, spend the money on something else!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.