front end wacked

4 replies to this topic
  • yama426rider

Posted February 22, 2007 - 07:52 PM

The other day I went down when my front wheel slid alog a long while i was crossing it diagnally in third gear and it washed FAST! lol i hit my head on a tree and BROKE my helmet!:applause: But anyways it twisted my forks in the clamps and i straightened them out and it looks dead on straight. But when i got on the bike something still feels crooked. It seems like the bars are bent but they look straight as new as well as the forks and they are 120 dollar PRO TAPERS so i dont think they are bent ive never bent a set even in high speed mx endos, but does anyone have any idea what may be causing it to feel out of line? Thanks

• mxis4me

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:05 PM

do u have aftermarket triple clamps with rubber bar mounts , that could be your problem

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:06 PM

If the bars are bent just a little bit you won't be able to see it, but you will be able to feel it. If you don't want to buy new ones, then you could just keep riding with them and you will get used to it. The problem with that is that if you get new ones later they will feel crooked to you and you will have to readjust again. Another thing could be the front wheel is a little crooked in the clamps as well as your fender is a little tweaked, making it look like everything is straight. One final thing, if you have triple clamps where the bar mounts are seperate from the triple clamp, those can tweak. You can try loosening the bar mounts and then tightening them again.

• yama426rider

Posted February 23, 2007 - 06:02 PM

So do i loosen the bar mounts at the top mount or do i loosen the where they hold the bars? Then all i have to do is tighten them back down? Is there any way i can make sure i do have the wheel straight? and yes they are rubber mounted

• grayracer513

Posted February 23, 2007 - 06:09 PM

You should be able to get results from loosening one clamp where it clamps to the bar, provided the bar mounts are two pieces, not connected to each other.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.