AZ to CA registration of 1993 Dual Sported XR600R

2 replies to this topic
  • oldSkewl

Posted February 22, 2007 - 06:38 PM


I'm thinking about buying a 93 XR600R in AZ. It is dual sported there. Can I transfer the AZ title in CA at the DMV? Just walk in and transfer it and get a CA plate? Is this a problem? I know about the 7500 mile rule but since its a 1993 model that should not be a problem. :applause:

Thanks in advance.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted February 22, 2007 - 06:44 PM


It's a problem. You might get lucky, but already having a plate doesn't matter. The 343 form for registration has a VIN verification section. In that there is a set of check boxes for the emissions sticker. The sticker needs to say "on road emissions for 1993." Since it doesn't you don't get a plate. However, sometimes the person doing the VIN verification makes a mistake and checks the wrong box.

  • oldSkewl

Posted February 23, 2007 - 05:50 PM



Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.