07 YZF 450 better than 06?

11 replies to this topic
  • 800xr

Posted February 22, 2007 - 09:20 AM

I have an 06 yzf 450 w/ white bro's carbon pro pipe, gps suspension (don't like), renthal sprockets/ chain, really like the bike overall, especially the power. Read alot of shootouts an articles on the 07 and cannot decide. Sounds like it has less power down low but my pipe will fit the new bike. Has anyone traded their 06 for an 07? Is the 07 noticably better?

• Ranger18

Posted February 22, 2007 - 01:24 PM

Keep your 06, unless you've beat the piss out of it, and need a new bike anyways. The only thing you'll get with the 07 is a bigger hole in your wallet, and some wave rotors.:applause:

• live4speed

Posted February 22, 2007 - 07:10 PM

how do you like that carbon pro? make a big difference?

• red7

Posted February 22, 2007 - 10:26 PM

Keep your 06, unless you've beat the piss out of it, and need a new bike anyways. The only thing you'll get with the 07 is a bigger hole in your wallet, and some wave rotors.:applause:

Exactly, I was in the same boat but deciding between a new '06 or '07 and the subtle changes weren't worth the difference in price.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 23, 2007 - 05:42 AM

wait for 08

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:43 AM

It's my opinion that the 06 is actually a better bike than the 07. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 800xr

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:45 AM

The carbon pro gives it enough power that you never need to use the clutch and thats what I like along w/ pulling holeshots. Bought an 06 CRF 450 at the beginning of last year and didn't like to so went back to the Yamaha's that I've liked for years. Had a carbon pro on the honda also, it has a little more than the yamaha on top but that really it. I can get an 07 that has 2 hours on it for $5300. Can't hardly pass it up.

• fLUNX

Posted February 23, 2007 - 12:01 PM

do the 07 rotors bigger than the 06?
I know that they are wave form, mas the size is it the same as 06?

regards, fLAVIO

• Bigcr

Posted February 23, 2007 - 12:53 PM

It's my opinion that the 06 is actually a better bike than the 07. :applause:

Why?:applause:

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 23, 2007 - 03:42 PM

'Cause the power is better. Other than that they are dang near the same.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted February 23, 2007 - 04:18 PM

'Cause the power is better. Other than that they are dang near the same.

While I've heard similar comments, haven't seen anything definitive on the power differences between the two. Was your comment based on dyno output... or merely your opinion based on 'feel' after riding both bikes?

• Baron Von Beard

Posted February 23, 2007 - 07:11 PM

While I've heard similar comments, haven't seen anything definitive on the power differences between the two. Was your comment based on dyno output... or merely your opinion based on 'feel' after riding both bikes?

Feel. The 07 just feels detuned. :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.