XR650L "shorty" clutch lever?

11 replies to this topic
  • Olyrider2

Posted February 22, 2007 - 08:41 AM

Anyone found an adjustable shorty lever that fits the XR650OL? I've had no luck. I'll probably cut my, but I would like the adjustable feature if it's out there!

Thanks!

• Motosprtman

Posted February 22, 2007 - 11:05 AM

why would you want a shorter clutch lever? just curious - but would think it is harder to pull when the leverage is cut...

• cherrymx

Posted February 22, 2007 - 11:55 AM

MSR Pro raptor clutch perch w/optional shorty lever. fully adjustable. Check it out. Might have to relocate your choke if yours is co-located with the clutch perch. I bought a separate choke lever that mounts on the bar.

• Olyrider2

Posted February 22, 2007 - 02:35 PM

why would you want a shorter clutch lever? just curious - but would think it is harder to pull when the leverage is cut...

The first issue is that the end of the stock lever rubs against the Acerbis barkbusters. The second is that I *never* use the full length of the lever when shifting. I installed a Kehin carb, and I no longer have a choke lever on that side so I can pretty much put on whatever works best. Short and adjustable is definitely the way to go!!

• chpxr

Posted February 22, 2007 - 07:51 PM

here ya go they have the one's your looking for
http://cgi.ebay.com/...087866773QQrdZ1

i have them and they work great clear my bark busters perfectly and look good to:ride:

• Olyrider2

Posted February 23, 2007 - 08:07 AM

Add to chpxr's Reputation Report Post
Re: XR650L "shorty" clutch lever?
here ya go they have the one's your looking for
http://cgi.ebay.com/....87866773QQrdZ1

i have them and they work great clear my bark busters perfectly and look good to

Yeah, but.......the ad specifically says they won't work on an XR650L!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Whiteman

Posted February 23, 2007 - 09:10 PM

This may sound weird but wouldn't it make more sense to move the clamp further in on the bars for lever to clear your hand guards. This will also give you more leverage on the lever which means less arm pump.

• Olyrider2

Posted February 23, 2007 - 10:14 PM

>This may sound weird but wouldn't it make more sense to move the clamp >further in on the bars for lever to clear your hand guards. This will also give >you more leverage on the lever which means less arm pump.

The more I move them in, the less can see out of the mirror. Instead, I cut off about 3/4 inch of the lever last night. That works fine. If I find an adjustable shorty lever, I will switch to that.

• CTXr650L

Posted February 24, 2007 - 06:44 AM

i cut the ends off and rounded my stockers for now, seems to work fine. not too worried about missing the ball on the end because the handguards should keep me from encountering the end of the lever in a crash. as far as not having the extra length of a full lever, it hasn't been a problem for me since i usually 2-finger the clutch and brake.

• perry5150

Posted March 01, 2007 - 12:09 PM

i have the gaurds 2 and have problems ....moving the mirrors not an option though. we need some good shortys that fit the L model

• machman

Posted April 11, 2007 - 08:18 PM

hacksaw and 30 minutes was my solution. I wanted one finger action only.

• TREADMARKS

Posted April 12, 2007 - 03:27 AM

MSR pro raptor here. Works perfect and clutch pull is lighter than ever. I don't need no stinkin choke lever with the edelbrock.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  171 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.