Thanks Checkers, Vipers

3 replies to this topic
  • Dan

Posted January 18, 2001 - 07:50 PM

Ride carefully, gents. My wife and I had the scare of our lives on New Year's Eve with our younger son. Endoed his YZ250 on a dry lake bed in SoCal. Will be fine soon, but nearly broke his neck. Thanks from the bottom of our hearts to the Checkers and Desert Vipers members who helped out. Also to the helicopter crew. Ride on, ride carefully, and come back in one piece.

• Bill

Posted January 19, 2001 - 02:58 PM

The Checkers have been around a long time and have a great reputation. Gods speed on your sons recovery. I also have a son who I ride with and I'd case every double, to never have to go through what you and the wife have.

Bill

------------------
86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted January 19, 2001 - 03:25 PM

Dan,

I'm glad to hear your son is going to be okay. I too have been in the situation when I needed help in a hurry (my buddy was almost killed in a bad get-off in the boonies).

Motorcycle people are the best, especially those that are involved in organizations like the Checkers and Desert Vipers.

• Dan

Posted January 24, 2001 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the good words. He is healing rapidly and wants to get back on the iron horse soon. We are members of Training Wheels and have many friends in the Vipers. You are right about motorcycle people, they help each other out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.